Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Critter Respawn timers & the Afterlife bar
Gonna make a thread for this, since this issue has been the subject of at least 4 separate bug reports by now.

Currently, if you enter and leave the afterlife bar, or if you are killed in the afterlife bar, the timer that tracks how long you have to wait before becoming a ghost critter will reset. You could have waited 2 minutes before entering and leaving the bar and have your waiting timer reset from 8 to 10 minutes, or you could have waited 20 minutes in the bar and wanted to become a drone on a whim, before realizing after leaving that you'll have to wait 10 more minutes before doing so. In effect, this means that you can't use the afterlife bar as a way to kill time while waiting to respawn as a ghost drone or ghost critter.

This stands in contrast to Virtual Reality, where leaving or dying will not reset the timer to become a ghost critter (as far as my testing is concerned). I don't see why one area would allow people to freely go in and out without affecting the timer while the other should - it seems a whole lot like it's a bug.

That's it, really. Just add an exception to the timer resetting when your death occurs in the afterlife bar and things should be fine.

(Of note is that this bug seemingly predates the implementation of the afterlife bar killing you upon exiting it, so that's probably not the reason for why this happening.)
i think i was the person who broke this
also I think i fixed it
Having checked, it seems to work as expected now. Thanks for fixing it!