Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When the nuke is armed, shuttle can't be called
We were just discussing this in the overflow after it happened.  Not much purpose and Nanotrasen values property > people so they should be encouraging defense of the station.
Doesn't it already "crash" or something when you call it on nuke?
It used to run into interference and require you to call it a second time but that was removed at some point, probably because, if you call the shuttle the second the nuke is planted and call it the second time the moment it runs into interference, the nuke goes off with the shuttle two minutes away, or one minute from departure if the crew uses the disk.

Calling the shuttle on nuke is so utterly inconsequential and pointless that I'm not sure what purpose removing it would serve.
Secret good ending. The Syndicate and Station crew team up and send the Nuke on the escape shuttle to blow up NT headquarters
Calling the shuttle on a nuke round should have syndie cruiser plasma bombard escape hallway.
Shuttle works perfectly fine on nuclear rounds. In fact, game has a unique end text if the shuttle arrives at Centcomm while nuke is armed and considers it a Syndicate victory: The crew of [STATION] abandoned the station/ship while the bomb was armed! The station/ship will surely be destroyed!

Personally, I'm kinda torn. Calling shuttle is a legitimate tactic. It's not really overpowered or underpowered, and it's not like you can't counter it. But it's kinda...uninteresting. Like, imagine arming yourself to the teeth, ready to confront an army, only for the crew to just call shuttle and not even bother to fight you. Yeah, you won, but what of it? Victory was basically handed to you; you didn't have to fight tooth and nail for it. It feels unearned! And for me, the best parts of nuke are seeing the nukies and crew duke it out and snatch victory from the jaws to defeat, so to see people not even try and just call shuttle feels pretty anticlimatic.
(09-03-2020, 02:25 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Shuttle works perfectly fine on nuclear rounds. In fact, game has a unique end text if the shuttle arrives at Centcomm while nuke is armed  and considers it a Syndicate victory: The crew of [STATION] abandoned the station/ship while the bomb was armed! The station/ship will surely be destroyed!

Personally, I'm kinda torn. Calling shuttle is a legitimate tactic. It's not really overpowered or underpowered, and it's not like you can't counter it. But it's kinda...uninteresting. Like, imagine arming yourself to the teeth, ready to confront an army, only for the crew to just call shuttle and not even bother to fight you. Yeah, you won, but what of it? Victory was basically handed to you; you didn't have to fight tooth and nail for it. It feels unearned! And for me, the best parts of nuke are seeing the nukies and crew duke it out and snatch victory from the jaws to defeat, so to see people not even try and just call shuttle feels pretty anticlimatic.

I feel like it would be better to make it more climatic.

Maybe an escape sequence where the Syndicate can chase and shoot down the shuttle
Imagine if when the syndies show up and arm a nuke and you just sit at your desk and do your job without care.

Fucking Genetics
It's ALWAYS fucking genetics.

New idea.

Nukies have a 90% chance of having to set up in genetics.

Don't actually do this power gamers will be shit over it
(09-03-2020, 02:25 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Shuttle works perfectly fine on nuclear rounds. In fact, game has a unique end text if the shuttle arrives at Centcomm while nuke is armed and considers it a Syndicate victory: The crew of [STATION] abandoned the station/ship while the bomb was armed! The station/ship will surely be destroyed!

I didn't actually know about the unique text! Neat~

What if the crew had fight or flight as more solid goals? Eg. You call the shuttle but NT has determined (say) 5 randomized items/people are vital resources and must be returned to base. They need 3 to 'win'. Getting more gives bonus spacebux. Getting under gives an increasingly worse chance each individual crew member is executed for "dereliction of duty" on arrival.

The crew now has to scramble to get everything to the shuttle while armed thugs may be roaming around. The nukies suddenly have to choose between defending the nuke, picking off crew members, or storming escape.