Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ablative armor.
I found the idea in this sprite thread.

An armored guy can soak up a lot of bullet hits and has no penalties (other than being a security officer). If solid bullets damaged armor on impact, the wearer would still start with an advantage, but gradually lose it the more they are hit.
I like this. If armor gets buffed to take a bit more damage, then this would keep it balanced. I like the idea of officers replacing their armor and having nervous crew men grab the second hand armor "just in case".
i like this idea, soft kevlar body armor can protect completely against most small arms, but then again, AP bullets rip through armor like butter.
Ablative armor is just anti-stun armor, I don't understand how what you guys are discussing correlates
Klayboxx, are you simple? "Ablative" means that something protects by being worn away. Like brake pads. Ablative Armor simply means armor that degrades in the process of protecting. Where are you getting stuns from?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Klayboxx, are you simple? "Ablative" means that something protects by being worn away. Like brake pads. Ablative Armor simply means armor that degrades in the process of protecting. Where are you getting stuns from?

Why are you so mean frown

On the /tg/ build the ablative armor protects against stunning weaponry, so you have a chance to take a shot from a taser without being stunned. I didn't actually know the ~real~ definition so sorry I guess.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that another server already had a similar item. I don't play on TG, so I've never encountered their version of Ablative Armor before. My bad!

(I still think you're simple, though. v)
In my mind abalative armour would provide much better defence against lasers, but on the flip side, would give less defence against bullets