Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
cryotubes should maybe cure unfinished clones
you used to be able to cure the genetic defects of a bad clone by popping them into a console and pressing a button. that was removed, but i think being an unfinished clone and being crippled by constant vomiting and a missing limb is kinda butts. 
so you could maybe give cryotubes another use if you allowed them to cure some of the genetic badness from not finishing a cloning cycle. any thoughts?
Yes, I never see the tubes used
I think that curing some or most, maybe even all, of the defects might actually have the effect of discouraging speedcloning when time is not an issue (which is a good thing). Since a doctor can easily fix the issues caused by speedcloning via cryo, they'll be far more obligated to. To some, this may be more of a hassle than just letting the cycle complete, but it's not really a massive deal, and rather just due to psychology.

So yeah, I do like this suggestion. Some discussion as to how this concept may be refined wouldn't hurt, too.
Tbh, I've always kinda thought the cloning tubes and cryotubes should be combined into both healing and revival. It makes sense that a machine that can build a body would also be able to heal an injured one
I kinda like the idea that if a player gets cloned by a quack who speed-clones, a matter the player has no say in, he can crawl his way to some other place an patch himself up to full health, even if this is done at great effort.

This would enable that pathway.
Is the fact that just pouring 10u of the cryo juices into the cloning pod with something to reduce body temperature basically makes the cloning cycle instant without causing badclones still not common knowledge? Or has this changed?

Also I mean if we're going to have cluwning curable then being a half-assed clone should be curable too imo.
(03-04-2019, 01:47 PM)Xeram Wrote: Is the fact that just pouring 10u of the cryo juices into the cloning pod with something to reduce body temperature basically makes the cloning cycle instant without causing badclones still not common knowledge? Or has this changed?

Also I mean if we're going to have cluwning curable then being a half-assed clone should be curable too imo.

Last time I put the cryoxystylane in before i started cloning, they popped out as a deformed wendigo person. Putting it in after starting made them finish cloning really quickly, but not instantly, and sometimes it still takes ages to finish. Sorta depends on when its dumped in?
Well the main thing is from what I've seen is the cloner just heals you up to 100% health with a mixture of chems after generating a damaged body for you that's in crit. The oxy damage heals quickly and it usually gets held up on brute and burn damage which cryoxystylane (used, I think it was slowed down to a more reasonable speed?) to instantly fix. I've never put it in prior to starting the cloning, only after so I'm not sure about the wendigo person thing.

The jist is, getting cloned poorly is entirely out of your control and is completely avoidable with very easy to make chemicals for the same effect so there should probably be some way to reverse damages caused by your savior's well meaning yet grossly incompetent rescue.