Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crime Scene Barrier
Brick 
An item ala force field artifcats... maybe?

Allows Detectives or other Security investigators to temporarily block off a crime scene to allow for forensic scanning, other scanning, note taking, etc.

Only usable by those with security access. If that is too much, only Detectives or special Sec roles.

On use, creates a small force field through which only security personnel are allowed. Lasts for XX seconds.

Spawn in the armory.
Something like this would be very cool. +1
I like this idea. And it kind of fits with some other force field stuff I had been doing recently.

To flesh it out a bit more, here's what I'm thinking:

It would have an activation time of a couple second and emit a noise or a message in the chat box for people to hear so that they don't get accidentally trapped by it or so sec an abuse it to capture people.

It should stay operational for either a relatively short time or the force fields can be destroyed with 2 or 3 hits. Or maybe just hitting a single force field deactivates the whole generator. That might be easier actually.

I'm not sure about allowing sec to pass through, that might be cool but I'm just not sold on it. The tricky part is figuring out how to consistently generate the force field in a consistently useful manner. Maybe it's just a big solid circle of force field around the generator so that there is a force field on every tile. For that case the Sec ID to pass would be required. That makes the field generation really easy, but might be kinda sloppy. Not sure.
A few different codebases have crime scene tape and engineering tape that's only passable on certain intents. So you can move past and visibly damage the tape on harm intent, but are blocked from moving through it on any other. There's also a short little chat message for each scenario.

I think that the tape would probably fit better thematically than a force field too, but that's personal taste.
I like tape
i think it should allow detectives and security officers to pass through it with a message about lifting it up over them but everyone else visibly breaks the tape when trying to pass so you know if the scene has been contaminated
Yeah, I like the tape better than a force field. Especially the intent based blocking.