Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poppies and Morphine
We have morphine but you can't turn it into other opioids?

Morphine should be able to be turned into Codeine by some kind of chem wizardry. Codeine by itself is weaker than morphine but a useful precursor to other medical chems. (The Robustussin recipe should be changed to include Codeine instead of Morphine, for example.)

Morphine should also be able to be converted into heroin, which is a great painkiller but has a killer overdose! It also has a krokodil-like effect when used too much and a really high addiction chance.

Carfentanil should be added as a poison bottle chem with a secret recipe involving morphine somehow. Basically morphine but with a really low OD threshold.

These drugs can be countered by naloxone, which would be added as an autoinjector to medical vendors. 1 unit of naloxone would instantly destroy 10 units of any opioid in your system with no deleterious effects.

As for poppies themselves, their seeds should be added as a chef ingredient for things! I want to make poppy seed bread products, for example.
I like these ideas! Some extra opioid stuff would give some alternate treatment styles to doctors, which might make roleplaying as one a bit easier. Being able to actually prescribe stuff excites my inner paper-pusher.
Ditto
I already like playing Patent Medicine Guy when I’m a bartender so being able to do more old timey medicine would rule. Laudanum, morphine, alcohol, cocaine, all that stuff.
coderiene: adds coder comments to text window
Regular poppies with seeds that work as condiments you can add to things, and a mutant strain that contains opium. As with the cannabis leaves, you can just roll the entire poppy flower into a joint and smoke it.
(05-30-2018, 12:54 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I already like playing Patent Medicine Guy when I’m a bartender so being able to do more old timey medicine would rule. Laudanum, morphine, alcohol, cocaine, all that stuff.
Paregoric.