Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove/tone down the obnoxious green overlay on mesons
Holy fuck that is rude. It makes me not want to use them at all as a miner.
Yeah, as-is it's definitely overkill (to the point of me using mesonic cybereyes as a way of messing with people as an antag).

There's a suggestion to make it able to be toggled on/off, which would at least half-solve it, but the level of green could be made less extreme (consider halfway between a gas mask and current implementation - still a very strong green filter but not actually painful).
i tthink the current meson overlay is just green visor goggles. VERY green visor goggles. its quite unpleasant! visor goggles at least let you still vaguely discern colors between the shitty lines, and theyre meant for LITERALLY BLIND PEOPLE
(05-25-2017, 07:29 AM)misto Wrote: i tthink the current meson overlay is just green visor goggles. VERY green visor goggles. its quite unpleasant! visor goggles at least let you still vaguely discern colors between the shitty lines, and theyre meant for LITERALLY BLIND PEOPLE

Mesons are meant to make you blind.
I mean, the green was added as a counter balance. Without it, there was a perceived risk of them being "too good." There was a whole discussion over it in the forums.

Granted, it might be a bit too strong at the moment.
why would mesons be too good? they let you see minerals, and...? did you guys add thermal or xray vision power to them?
They have short-ranged nightvison.
turning on a flashlight or two also gives you short ranged vision in darkness, will those also be made piece of shitt

heres a funny idea for you

take off the green shit and the lines that make the mesons shit at their purpose of seeing minerals

and in exchange put on the ghost drones filter they see everyone as fuzzy static shit. because these things are better at seeing minerals than organics. then the short range night vision dont mean jack shit because youre trying to see a fuzzy static man
yeah they were fine before but my eyes start to sting if i use them for a period longer than 5 seconds
please do reduce it, it actively hurts to use them and that should be a UI nono
Thumbs Up 
(05-26-2017, 09:05 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: please do reduce it, it actively hurts to use them and that should be a UI nono

I agree, first thing I do when I spawn as C.E. is toss those damn goggles out an airlock, they're obnoxious, to the point of being UNUSABLE in my eyes. my mouth is opening oh no

Nerfs shouldn't make people totally hate and ignore an item all together, IMO. wordjo

For that matter, who decided that making spectro goggles reduce lighting was a good idea? The only time that is a good idea is when it's sunglasses, you can tint the room rainbow for all I care, but your realism is tearing this family apart. frown my mouth is opening oh no

(Especially when, in my view, the lighting system recieved a nerf already, to the point of making pda flashlights borderline useless, high powered modules are a must for me now.) wordjo