Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space pod lost in hyperspace
This has happened twice now, in different rounds: I've created a wormhole with the pod, and entered it. Then it takes a long time to pop out on the other side (during this time, I'm just staring at the spot where the pod entered the wormhole, with both the pod and the hole gone). The second time it happened I timed it, ending up with a count of at least 250 seconds.

I started removing a pair of handcuffs after entering the pod* the second time this happened, but they fell off well before I passed through the wormhole. I was going from the diner pod bay to the quartermaster's navigation beacon, and it seems I did pass through instantly when I created a second wormhole (which I left behind at the QM's nav beacon).

A drone had also shot the poor pod down to the point where flames were coming out of it, but I think the pod was healthy the first time this happened (this may have been before drones were scattered all over space).

*) I guess this shouldn't work. Bonus bug report.
This has happened to me a few times as well. One thing that snaps your view to your pod's new location is pushing your movement keys about. Dunno why this is happening at all, though.
If you mash the movement keys it'll go much faster.
What seems to happen is that your view does not update until your pod has actually moved at the new location. Therefore if your pod was moving in a direction that would cause it to collide with the warp beacon at the new location, your pod won't move so your view doesn't update. Moving in a direction that does let your pod move snaps your view into sync.
Embolism Wrote:What seems to happen is that your view does not update until your pod has actually moved at the new location. Therefore if your pod was moving in a direction that would cause it to collide with the warp beacon at the new location, your pod won't move so your view doesn't update. Moving in a direction that does let your pod move snaps your view into sync.

This is correct, jumping through the portal isn't updating the camera properly. It only updates when you move.
Getting lost in hyperspace was a funnier theory.