Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new map rotation
I have been playing on LLJK2 for about a month now, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. I think this community and this game are wonderful and I'm lucky that a friend of mine turned me on to it. That said, I have some concerns about the new map rotation. I have been playing for about a month now, and while the new map rotation is disorienting it is also exciting because we get to play in different environments. My concern arises because there seems to be a large influx of new players recently, I think someone mentioned a youtube video or a reddit post that introduced many people to the game, and the map rotation is hugely disorienting for a new player. It seems like the LLJK2 server, and probably Space Station 13 in general, could benefit from new players. However, the map rotation is confusing and may drive many potential players away. I know a friend of mine has stopped playing because he was still learning the old map, cog2 I think, because he was frustrated at having to learn a new map. Perhaps there isn't a *best* time to introduce a map rotation, but I wonder if it might be beneficial to wait until there isn't a big influx of players in order to not turn them away/discourage them from learning SS13 which is, obviously, very complicated. Sorry for the paragraph, I just wanted to voice my concerns because, as I said, I like this community and this game and I want them both to thrive. I don't want it to present itself as so exclusive that new players feel too overwhelmed, which is easy enough when playing SS13 anyway. Thanks for reading this!

quick edit: This post is certainly open to criticism. If I'm totally wrong or missed something please feel free to shove a pipe bomb up my ass and light the fuse.
There is no 'new map rotation'!

We (admins) just wanted to switch the maps for a few days. That's all.