Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telecrystal Lockers
So i was on LLJK1, messing with the new materials system when i discovered that telescrystal alloy lockers don't actually do anything yet.

I had two ideas. First, it could randomly teleport items inside it to random places all over the station or Second, it could teleport itself around randomly like some sort of Discount Dan branded port-a-sci.

Thoughts?
I want both.
I have a wild idea, here, in addition:

Telecrystals, alloyed with some sort of semi-rare stabilizer, should create spatially-weird metal. Every tele-alloy closet would be linked together, so their contents would carry between them, allowing clever caches of materials, or transferring medicine across the station instantaneously.

Always awkward when you reach for a medkit and pull out a gun.
Another idea: Telekill alloy. An anti weird shit kinda metal. Can't be teleported, telekinetically thrown, possessed, whatever. Containers made of it prevent any form of signal from reaching items inside, which I'm sure could be used to make some cool traps. Wear a hat made of it to stop people from reading your mind. Armour made of it stops Wraith, wizard and vampire powers from targeting you, similar to the chaplain. Make walls of it around the AI core to stop wizards from phasing in there.

Maybe an alloy with that weird eldritch metal, Koshmarite.

Downside? Horribly radioactive, and causes brain damage to everyone near it.
(09-24-2016, 01:03 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Another idea: Telekill alloy. An anti weird shit kinda metal. Can't be teleported, telekinetically thrown, possessed, whatever. Containers made of it prevent any form of signal from reaching items inside, which I'm sure could be used to make some cool traps. Wear a hat made of it to stop people from reading your mind. Armour made of it stops Wraith, wizard and vampire powers from targeting you, similar to the chaplain. Make walls of it around the AI core to stop wizards from phasing in there.

Maybe an alloy with that weird eldritch metal, Koshmarite.  

Downside? Horribly radioactive, and causes brain damage to everyone near it.

I see your SCP Ideas, nerd.
I really hope not every alloy we make is radioactive, considering soulsteel is already dangerous to work with.

Then again, I suppose you should be wearing powerful armor if you want to deal with the stuff anyway. Miners get Indy armor, after all.

I would love to surround the AI in Telekill so wizards would fuck off with their "phase shift and nuke the AI" strategy.
(09-24-2016, 01:23 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I really hope not every alloy we make is radioactive, considering soulsteel is already dangerous to work with.

Then again, I suppose you should be wearing powerful armor if you want to deal with the stuff anyway. Miners get Indy armor, after all.

I would love to surround the AI in Telekill so wizards would fuck off with their "phase shift and nuke the AI" strategy.

I like to think the statue of Dr Floorpills was put into the smelter to inspire us all to follow his example. More risks for making high end material stuff would be pretty sick.

Also, given the cataclysmic results of mucking about with telecrystals in the backstory, you'd probably be extremely lucky if it just irradiated everything rather than turning you into a smoke-monster or pile of angry giblets.
(09-24-2016, 03:24 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 01:23 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I really hope not every alloy we make is radioactive, considering soulsteel is already dangerous to work with.

I like to think the statue of Dr Floorpills was put into the smelter to inspire us all to follow his example. More risks for making high end material stuff would be pretty sick.

Also, given the cataclysmic results of mucking about with telecrystals in the backstory, you'd probably be extremely lucky if it just irradiated everything rather than turning you into a smoke-monster or pile of angry giblets.

True. Fair enough.

More telecrystal-- wait I just realized, quivers are a back item and quivers were added
I can make another telecrystal piece of clothing now
Possessed telecrystal-soulsteel items should be able to teleport at will.