Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Hydrophonics] Revive people by growing Replicants
(08-06-2016, 12:05 PM)BBEG Wrote: i can already tell that replicants will be to the goon player base what lizards are to the tg playerbase

????
well the goon playerbase won't get by referring to replicants with a barely altered racial slur unlike the tg lizards
so that much will be different
also, being revived into a plant person by freakish botany magic is definitely different than just picking an in-lore lizard person at the start
Let us not forget a potential side effect of allowing botany to revive people: turning it into a major bombing target. Cloning and robotics are constant targets of terrorism, and botany would be added to the "Gets exploded every other round" list if they were given the ability to revive the dead.
(08-06-2016, 04:14 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: well the goon playerbase won't get by referring to replicants with a barely altered racial slur unlike the tg lizards
so that much will be different
also, being revived into a plant person by freakish botany magic is definitely different than just picking an in-lore lizard person at the start

i for one look forward to playing as a proud person of chlorophyll
(08-06-2016, 10:52 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Let us not forget a potential side effect of allowing botany to revive people: turning it into a major bombing target. Cloning and robotics are constant targets of terrorism, and botany would be added to the "Gets exploded every other round" list if they were given the ability to revive the dead.

ironically botany is better protected from rando foot traffic inside the station than robotics and cloning. the only downside is being in a frail glass dome in space

speaking of frail glass domes in space, do these plant ppl have any different respiratory requirements or quirks than their meaty counterparts?
(08-06-2016, 10:52 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Let us not forget a potential side effect of allowing botany to revive people: turning it into a major bombing target. Cloning and robotics are constant targets of terrorism, and botany would be added to the "Gets exploded every other round" list if they were given the ability to revive the dead.

I remember back when botany would always end up exploding during syndicate rounds.

Good times.
This thread makes me want plant based antagonists now like the triffids
there already is a plant based antagonist, the most powerful one, the terrible kudzu
The pod person sprite twitching as it finishes the growing process made me gag.

I love it, excellent sprite work. Replicates are also a cool idea.
(08-07-2016, 03:01 AM)misto Wrote:

ironically botany is better protected from rando foot traffic inside the station than robotics and cloning. the only downside is being in a frail glass dome in space

speaking of frail glass domes in space, do these plant ppl have any different respiratory requirements or quirks than their meaty counterparts?

I kinda like the idea that they could breathe all gasses, and filter them into oxygen. Like living air scrubbers. I mostly like this idea if paired with the idea that they have a strong weakness to fire for reasons that should be obvious.
Susceptible to fire damage and limb loss.

Stan Beezlebub slaps the cuffs on Robbie the Replicant.
Robbie the Replicant tries to remove the cuffs.
His arm falls off.. that works I guess?
susceptible to limb loss but can grow them back naturally if they drink lots of water and get lots of light
Maybe they could move a little slower in darkened areas, but super-quick in lit areas. If a plant person drank loads of water, their sprite could burst into flower.