Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Modification for experimental local generator: hamster wheel power
Using some metal sheets and rods, you could fashion and attach a big hamster wheel to the experimental generator. You can then get inside of it and run to power the generator, or force a monkey inside and attack the monkey to make the wheel turn.

Of course, this would eventually kill the monkey from abuse and exhaustion, meaning further monkey fuel would be required.
Why not just recycle the current sprite for the belts, and have treadmill generators.
This but with assistants
Yeah there is a sprite that MBC made... let me find it.

Edit: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=1451
(07-28-2016, 11:01 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Why not just recycle the current sprite for the belts, and have treadmill generators.

Because that's not nearly as funny.
put one in every security cell. sentence people to power generation quotas rather than timers
(07-29-2016, 12:18 AM)misto Wrote: put one in every security cell. sentence people to power generation quotas rather than timers

Use the running power to recharge the tasers and batons they had to expend chasing them down.
Here is the hamsterwheel made by Arki.

[Image: J7pZ16t.png]
96x96
Hook somebody up with an IV drip full of some ungodly concoction of drugs designed to replenish stamina and force someone on a meth high to power telescience.
(07-28-2016, 11:21 PM)zewaka Wrote: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=1451

(07-29-2016, 03:31 PM)Naximous Wrote: Here is the hamsterwheel made by Arki.

96x96

to elaborate, I do have some (admittedly very old) code where the hamster wheel works and generates power! However I do not have a full set of animated sprites for it, arki never finished them as far as I know.

However if someone can get me a complete sprite set, I will dig up the old files and get it in the game!
(07-29-2016, 06:05 PM)MyBlueCorners Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 11:21 PM)zewaka Wrote: http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=1451

(07-29-2016, 03:31 PM)Naximous Wrote: Here is the hamsterwheel made by Arki.

96x96

to elaborate, I do have some (admittedly very old) code where the hamster wheel works and generates power! However I do not have a full set of animated sprites for it, arki never finished them as far as I know.

However if someone can get me a complete sprite set, I will dig up the old files and get it in the game!

I've never made any sprites for SS13 before, but I'm definitely interested in learning. Is there a page or topic I can go to and find out more about file size/format/whatever else I would need to get this off the ground?

EDIT: Fired up photoshop and gave it a try, something like this?

[Image: CmxNM0A.gif]
[Image: og45ILe.gif]
Perhaps you could unscrew the hamster wheel from its housing and use it as a mode of transportation too, having it knock people down like the segway
(07-31-2016, 06:19 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Perhaps you could unscrew the hamster wheel from its housing and use it as a mode of transportation too, having it knock people down like the segway

Add glass once you've unscrewed it and make the human hamster ball. Do it.