Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A simple change to the character customization screen
Let us see the character from all 4 four directions, instead of the front.
This makes it MUCH easier to select hair, and it can't be THAT hard to code. smile
Carlarc Wrote:it can't be THAT hard to code. smile

I've asked about this before. You are incorrect in your assumption.
Gannets Wrote:

Just steal it from TG big grin They only have front and side tho...
Gannets Wrote:

Well, crap.
Is there a similar way of doing it, though?
Like, seeing only the hair from the sides
What if there was like, a lobby where you join the game in a little room on Centcom before finalizing your appearance/traits/job choice?

Pick what you like, spend a bit of time in the room checking out your appearance, then hit a button to go to the station proper or another to change your choices.
Frank_Stein Wrote:What if there was like, a lobby where you join the game in a little room on Centcom before finalizing your appearance/traits/job choice?

You mean like... in 2006?

I guess? I didn't start playing until like 2011 give or take. Any particular reason that was axed?
Frank_Stein Wrote:I guess? I didn't start playing until like 2011 give or take. Any particular reason that was axed?
Because a lobby where you walk around then go stand on a plate, then right click that plate and then select ENTER on that plate's right click menu, but only after you used the READY verb is obtuse and confusing!
Hufflaw Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:I guess? I didn't start playing until like 2011 give or take. Any particular reason that was axed?
Because a lobby where you walk around then go stand on a plate, then right click that plate and then select ENTER on that plate's right click menu, but only after you used the READY verb is obtuse and confusing!

That does sound confusing! A left click red button labeled "join game" that forces the player to use the ready verb isn't possible?
How about a fourth option, under "Observe" for "Preview Character" which sends you to a tiny cell disconnected to the rest of the game? And which you can leave by pushing a button on the wall, returning you to the join the game/character creation/respawn screen.
Grek Wrote:How about a fourth option, under "Observe" for "Preview Character" which sends you to a tiny cell disconnected to the rest of the game? And which you can leave by pushing a button on the wall, returning you to the join the game/character creation/respawn screen.
Instead of a tiny cell, why not a separate arrivals shuttle? One that's going through Hyperspace.
Hmmm on that note It'd be cool if the arrivals shuttle actually went to pick latejoiners up. That way spawncamping would be less of an issue as you would have a bit of a heads up before joining the station.
Me posting the video wasn't me passing an opinion. It was just sorta funny to see a suggestion that brought back an idea from that long ago.

Having character customisation show all 4 sides of the view would be cool and useful.