Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying lottery tickets from PDAs with an ID in
We all know that PDAs have a printer. Just look at the Security ticketing application! We're also well aware that hardly anyone plays, let alone wins the station lottery.

We should be able to buy lottery tickets from our PDAs. We'd still need to turn them in at an ATM, but doing this might actually mean that once in a while someone will actually win something from the lottery.
This is an awesome idea and I support PDA things.
Yes. Furthermore, from what I understand you have a 1/81 chance of hitting jackpot on a ticket if you ignore the extra math of other tickets. 1/81 chance of getting 50k or a little more. In today's station, 617 credits isn't worth the space in my box. The jackpot should be enough to get us to want to play. Hell, item prizes would probably go over even better.

I really like gambling of any kind, so an overhaul of the lottery system would be amazing. Like scratch tickets, or partial hits. Great. This reminded me that I have always wanted to make a blackjack machine in mechcomp, but never got around to it. Ugh.
Scratch tickets would be amazing, and I'd love to see completely harmless rare or traitor items (chameleon jumpsuit, for instance) as item prizes.

I'd also love to be able to pay a few thousand credits and summon a merchant to the dock.
What better to use an old coin on than a scratch ticket? I like the idea of blowing all your cash on scratch tickets.
Vitatroll Wrote:Yes. Furthermore, from what I understand you have a 1/81 chance of hitting jackpot on a ticket if you ignore the extra math of other tickets. 1/81 chance of getting 50k or a little more. In today's station, 617 credits isn't worth the space in my box. The jackpot should be enough to get us to want to play. Hell, item prizes would probably go over even better.

I really like gambling of any kind, so an overhaul of the lottery system would be amazing. Like scratch tickets, or partial hits. Great. This reminded me that I have always wanted to make a blackjack machine in mechcomp, but never got around to it. Ugh.
I would love for more variety in the arcade machines. Electronic blackjack, poker, and other games would be great. Maybe even add a nice table for the crew to play their own card games on.