Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life support machine
Give the medibots a toggle option to synthesize blood instead of saline-glucose?
The head of surgery actually autoinjects atropine to patients that need it
vampirate Wrote:The head of surgery actually autoinjects atropine to patients that need it
He also autoinjects perfluorodecalin.

Why don't we have an option to build enhanced medibots like the head surgeon?
Noah Buttes Wrote:
vampirate Wrote:The head of surgery actually autoinjects atropine to patients that need it

I'm pretty sure you can stick beakers into medibots and have them inject that. Handy for traitoring, too
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can stick beakers into medibots and have them inject that. Handy for traitoring, too

Yeah, but those run out.
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:I'm pretty sure you can stick beakers into medibots and have them inject that. Handy for traitoring, too

Yeah, but those run out.
Wait, you mean putting a beaker into a medibot consumes the beaker?

That's dumb. Just make it so you can transfer the contents of a beaker to a medibot as if it were a container itself.
Don't all medibots do that? I thought that was a medibot thing - though they only inject saline against burn/brute damage, they'll inject other chems against other health problems.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:I'm pretty sure you can stick beakers into medibots and have them inject that. Handy for traitoring, too

Yeah, but those run out.
Wait, you mean putting a beaker into a medibot consumes the beaker?

That's dumb. Just make it so you can transfer the contents of a beaker to a medibot as if it were a container itself.

No, I mean it consumes the reagent. The headsurgeon manufactures it.
Noah Buttes Wrote:No, I mean it consumes the reagent. The headsurgeon manufactures it.

Why not make it so that a Medibot can only manufacture the reagent after it gets a decent quantity inside first, say 50 units? That makes it a little bit of work so that people can't just make it in chemistry in 10 seconds and stick it in for an easy round, while avoiding the hassle of refilling it.
Stryxic Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:No, I mean it consumes the reagent. The headsurgeon manufactures it.

Why not make it so that a Medibot can only manufacture the reagent after it gets a decent quantity inside first, say 50 units? That makes it a little bit of work so that people can't just make it in chemistry in 10 seconds and stick it in for an easy round, while avoiding the hassle of refilling it.

It would also encourge the use of more medibots, right now medibots are really more of a risk due to how easy they are to emag into what is basically instant death without help bots.
Dr_Bee Wrote:It would also encourge the use of more medibots, right now medibots are really more of a risk due to how easy they are to emag into what is basically instant death without help bots.

The hope would be if Chemistry, QM and Medbay worked together then people could just walk into medbay, and get instantly healed by an army of medbots with everything, Atropine, Epi, Pentetic, Charcoal, Calomel, all sorts.
Stryxic Wrote:The hope would be if Chemistry, QM and Medbay worked together then people could just walk into medbay, and get instantly healed by an army of medbots with everything, Atropine, Epi, Pentetic, Charcoal, Calomel, all sorts.

Taking out player interaction by introducing medbots with an unlimited supply of effective treatment meds sounds like a bad direction to go with.

You can already do this anyway - you just need to manually restock the chems. Exchanging 50 units of a chem for it to be automatically synthesized is just downright lazy.
Zafhset Wrote:
Stryxic Wrote:The hope would be if Chemistry, QM and Medbay worked together then people could just walk into medbay, and get instantly healed by an army of medbots with everything, Atropine, Epi, Pentetic, Charcoal, Calomel, all sorts.

Taking out player interaction by introducing medbots with an unlimited supply of effective treatment meds sounds like a bad direction to go with.

You can already do this anyway - you just need to manually restock the chems. Exchanging 50 units of a chem for it to be automatically synthesized is just downright lazy.
On the otherhand, upgrades like that would make nice high tier rewards for robotics.
Here's a cool nice thing that could be added to buddies.

Allow doctors to prestock one with a blood bag in addition to a beaker. Once the bag runs out Buddy can give an alert and a doctor can swap it for another one if necessary. Alternatively add a Blood making upgrade that replenishes but isn't infinite. e.g Use it all up and it has to make new blood which takes time.