Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make mining its own department.
They could also be taking a break to go poke around the bar and get a drink. Not everyone spends all round fully focused on their job. And medical patches them up. Even just by being near people you get interaction - whether it be due to hazards or gimmicks or a rude sec officer. There is no redeeming value to having mining on its own station, apart from avoiding people.
How about from people liking it more?

I liked it more.

At least bring back ore seams in the debris field.
Dabir Wrote:At least bring back ore seams in the debris field.

I feel like this is pretty doable. It would give miners a reason to venture off station, also the fermid asteroid is very much alive and well.
Wouldn't mind seeing ore still in the debris field. It is rather silly that the rocks out there are devoid of useful minerals.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:Mining was on its own separate z-level, and it sucked.

You suck. I miss the mining Z level. I actually got a lot of mining done. With the magnet I gotta wait for other miners to move out of the way with their power picks so I can use a pod to drill the ore out.

In the old mining Z I was able to fly off with a mining pod with some crates and a few ore collection bags. And just mine for 30 min straight. Come back, and make bank.
That's why old mining was removed. The fact that mining is less freeform than before and less labor-intensive also helps to encourage people to get bored of hitting rocks for 30 minutes straight and go wander the station instead. Plus it's not nearly as annoying for the station to go mess with mining anymore; old mining was a huge pain in the ass to break into without access because it had so many doors.
Paineframe Wrote:
Silvercloud29 Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:Mining was on its own separate z-level, and it sucked.

You suck. I miss the mining Z level. I actually got a lot of mining done. With the magnet I gotta wait for other miners to move out of the way with their power picks so I can use a pod to drill the ore out.

In the old mining Z I was able to fly off with a mining pod with some crates and a few ore collection bags. And just mine for 30 min straight. Come back, and make bank.
That's why old mining was removed. The fact that mining is less freeform than before and less labor-intensive also helps to encourage people to get bored of hitting rocks for 30 minutes straight and go wander the station instead. Plus it's not nearly as annoying for the station to go mess with mining anymore; old mining was a huge pain in the ass to break into without access because it had so many doors.
so old mining was removed because it wasn't boring enough and it had too many doors?
Dauntasa Wrote:so old mining was removed because it wasn't boring enough and it had too many doors?
Said like this, they buffed mining