Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let mining pods drill/burn their way into the station
As stated. Drills and plasma cutters should be able to destroy walls (eventually) and allow pods to fly around in the hallways, terrorizing people.

If someone uses this to be shit just ban them for it. Note that tasers and stun batons both stop pods temporarily, so it's not like they'll be unstoppable. Also a pod in the station loses it's biggest advantage: mobility. So it's quite possible that someone might just be able to run right up to a temporarly blocked pod, crowbar the maintenance hatch open, and yank the engine out, neutralizing it.
Random Event: Drones swarm the station, drill through walls.
This would be pretty cool and could allow for some interesting traitor gear.

Just slap some anti-pod EMP rounds in the armory for the grenade launcher.
I'm hesitant about this, mainly because the pods flying around would be much less of a danger than the holes they put through the station, which depressurize the area and require a bit more resources to fix than some floor tiles and maybe some walls. However, I am all for having something of this ilk be included as a miner-traitor item.
Mining drills put people into crit in one/two attacks, fire rapidly and are stupid easy to acquire. Industrial pods are also ridiculously durable. I don't think this is a good idea.
giving this to everyone is a no go. traitor item or bust
Pod based traitor items would be neat though. we dont nearly have enough pod combat.