Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make killswitching the AI not destroy the core
So that you can replace a shit AI, with, hopefully, a good one. Just have it blow the top open with some explosive bolts and fire the brain out to splat on the floor.
I like this. Being able to switch a rogue AI (or a shitty AI player) with the brain of a willing participant is a tragically underused feature, and something I'd like to see a lot more of.
You can still get to a shameful AI and take the brain out. It just takes a tiny bit more effort. Even if the core was intact you'd still have to tunnel past its defences on the way to swap brains.

At the same time this would make daring heists against the AI too easy.
Actually it's pretty damn hard to get to the AI core without wrecking half the AI chamber to get rid of the inner turrets and disable the inner APC so you can crowbar the blast doors open.
Berrik Wrote:Actually it's pretty damn hard to get to the AI core without wrecking half the AI chamber to get rid of the inner turrets and disable the inner APC so you can crowbar the blast doors open.
This, pretty much. If you don't have the ability to just tell the AI to allow you to debrain it, which you won't if it's rogue, getting into the core tends to be really hard without pipe bombing the place and calling it a day.
I usually just sneak into the core with an ID that lets me turn off the turrets and just upload a law that tells the AI to let me debrain him without causing trouble.

Besides, AIs can cancel their own killswitch so you pretty much have to physically get to the core while it's still intact anyway.
Winklabom Wrote:I usually just sneak into the core with an ID that lets me turn off the turrets and just upload a law that tells the AI to let me debrain him without causing trouble.

Besides, AIs can cancel their own killswitch so you pretty much have to physically get to the core while it's still intact anyway.

This is pretty hard to do since the vast majority of the time, anyone who uploads a freeform law (which almost always happens) will take it with them when they leave.
Berrik Wrote:This is pretty hard to do since the vast majority of the time, anyone who uploads a freeform law (which almost always happens) will take it with them when they leave.
There's three other law cartridges that allow free-form input. Just use one of those.