Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let horror form changelings break out of welded lockers
Got a mentorhelp recently (post ling health changes) from a changeling who had been welded into a locker and walled off in space. While creative, I feel like this is a really unfun way for a ling to get knocked out of the round - they probably shouldn't be taken alive. I suggest that horror form be allowed to break out of a welded locker or crate.
If a ling can break a reinforced window and grill in a few slashes, it should be able to at least carve a hole out with its claws, maybe limit it to abomination. Just because locking someone in a locker and forgetting about them for 40 minutes is sort of rude.
Yeah, just sealing away a ling in an invincible locker just doesn't capture the proper panicky flair that should accompany offing a starspawn spawned from beyond the stars.
it'd be nice if there were a way to non-lethally subdue a ling outside of welding it into a locker or trapping it somewhere
It would be nice if even welded lockers would eventually pop open. We got rid of buckle cuffing. Why should this be different?

BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
-2 minutes later-
BANG! CRACK!
Metal flakes fall from the Locker's latch!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! CRACK!
The locker flies open!
I say no. One, lings are powerful enough, and two, you really, REALLY shouldn't be getting caught or let alone discovered as a ling.
Ali0en Wrote:I say no. One, lings are powerful enough, and two, you really, REALLY shouldn't be getting caught or let alone discovered as a ling.
It's not a power thing, it's the fact that horror form changelings can bust through all sorts of shit, but a locker made of thin metal is able to contain the power that is a changeling.
And of course you're going to get caught, that's what horror form is for, when you get caught. You don't use horror form for stealth.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:It would be nice if even welded lockers would eventually pop open. We got rid of buckle cuffing. Why should this be different?

BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
-2 minutes later-
BANG! CRACK!
Metal flakes fall from the Locker's latch!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! CRACK!
The locker flies open!
I support something close to this.
As I said, you should never get discovered as a ling. You're playing it wrong if you are. It's a stealth job with a temporary emergency button. With the recent change to lings needing to be crushed (again) to be dead for good, this is too much.
The point is that having lockers completely negates the need to crush a ling. Locking the ling away and forgetting about it shouldn't be an alternate to gibbing/reclaiming/crushing.

And lings get discovered all the time. Whiffing acid spits or trying to neurotox someone savvy.
Once a ling decides to go full horror form, its basically announced itself as death, the destroyer of stations, and has forgone any chance it may have to be nonlethally taken down, besides, its not very difficult with a combined powergaming crew armed with lasers, rifles, shotguns, zip guns, flamethrowers, 40mm shells (especially with oncoming updates), and deathchems to take down a ling.
Permalocking people into lockers shouldn't be a thing at all imo.
Spy_Guy Wrote:Permalocking people into lockers shouldn't be a thing at all imo.
Yeah I've always wondered why a way to get out of a locker hasen't been added yet. Like make it like getting out of handcuffs. It takes awhile and the locker can't be moved till you bust out otherwise it resets.
cogwerks ss13 * r14998 / trunk/goonstation/code/datums/ trunk/goonstation/code/mob/living/carbon/ trunk/goonstation/code/obj/: Flipping inside closets and lockers can break them open eventually
Welding people inside lockers forever is a holdover from the earliest days of SS13 that was in Exadv1's version and should go away forever.