Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little more self service in the borg chargers
Dropping a "Guide to Robot Maintenance" in Robotics seems like an elegant solution, along with having it a bit more responsive about what you're doing wrong. The reason nobody knows how to do manual robot maintenance isn't because it's so complex, it's because it's not documented or explained anywhere ingame, and it's easy to miss on the one wiki page that explains it since limb replacement is hidden away under the heading "Chassis Changes".
Well the problem is, even if it was more well known... it is still tedious and unfun, even by limb replacement standards. Fun being the goal.... streamlining the experience is a good choice.
RandyArcher Wrote:Well the problem is, even if it was more well known... it is still tedious and unfun, even by limb replacement standards. Fun being the goal.... streamlining the experience is a good choice.
I think it's very fun to do some proper robotics work instead of just slapping the borg into the docking station and pushing buttons. Makes me feel more like a roboticist maintaining the station's worker drones as opposed to a dedicated button-pusher.

Hell, I normally swap out borgs' power cells by hand because it's fun to do, freaks the borg out and is a million times more engaging than clicking "Remove", scrolling down and clicking "Install".

I'd definitely suggest going with Paineframe's route of making a Robotics 101 guide instead of streamlining the whole thing away.
I don't think it really has to be either/or though, let everyone have fun.