Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Sponge popup box issue
Heya everyone, just wanted to bring up some stuff involving the sponge.

There was some changes done a while back that made it not pop up selection boxes every time you use it, which was an amazing change, but some of those behaviours have reverted and i thought i'd bring it up and there's one suggestion i'd want to make.

Firstly, when you click on a sink to wet the sponge, it pops up a box with three options, but really the only reason you ever click a sponge on a sink is to wet it, and for people with bad connections like me, often the box popping up leads to me running in the same direction i was pushing for the few seconds it takes to deal with it.

My suggestion is that clicking the sponge on the sink wets it by default, and if you want to wring the sponge out you drag the sponge onto the sink? I think that would be intuitive enough.

My second suggestion involves slippery files, when you click a sponge onto a lubed tile, it pops up another selection box with the options to wet the tile or to dry the slipperiness, but really if you're clicking a sponge on a slippery tile you're doing it to clean up the slipperiness, and if you want to clean the other stuff on the tile you'll just click again to wet it. It's mostly an issue because of the long delay on the selection box popping up.

I'm mostly bringing it up because of a discussion about the mops now putting down slippery tiles, a change which i'm not a huge fan of but i think if we could make drying the tiles faster for people who want to do it, i'd really have no complaints.
I never have trouble with sponge interface in the sink.
Only minor problem is I not sure what option should I do (I’m not good at English so I normally try and figure it out)and sponge is stuff that not common use for me I only use it for clean wall and people who has mess at them.
click dragging to get the pop up instead of it being a regular thing sounds like a very nice QoL. I'm especially not big on the pop up when I wanna top off my sponge at the sink. That and as you said: its much more prevalent now with the mopping change, so It'd be nice to have some way of avoiding it.
I'm with this idea, but if for some reason the pop-up must be maintained: Swap it out so "Wet" is the default option and "Dry the slippery tile" is the default option because well, it generally is. The latter one is maybe a bit more debatable for making it slightly too easy to make tiles dry though I'd disagree, but the former just seems like a no-brainer.
Yeah I don't like pop up boxes existing in general, this seems like a good idea. If you want to wring out the sponge, use the sponge in hand over a drain IMO
(Sorry i always forget when i post on the forums)

Yeah popup boxes are kind of a pain, especially when you have a kinda garbage connection, they take a while to pop up and if you're pressing any direction you're just gonna walk in that direction until you can close the popup window, which won't do what you wanted it to anymore because you're in another room.

Like the delay in the box appearing is what makes it a problem because i click on the sink, and then nothing happens so my brain is just like "Okay you wet the sponge" and then i go to move and then the box pops up and i remember that's how this works and i need to close the window and walk back.