Beep the Buffoon - HoS Application (for Goonmain)
Usual character name: Beep the Buffoon
BYOND username: DinoRito
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Dino's Bar and Grill (Dino)

Recommended by (if applicable): Sylvester the turtle (they love clowns, can confirm!!!)
Goon servers you play: Morty, RP 3

Answer the following:

Why are you applying?: Boogiebot
Passing down Security experience, protocol, and mechanics to players is important for long-term health of the community! As well as knowing when to push and pull in rounds depending on what's happening. A clown-HoS hybrid would also be an interesting dynamic, caught between their duty of keeping order as a Sec-Off, and their personal beliefs of chaos being a Clown.

I've been HoS'ing as this on Nightshade for a while now, but the population has been migrating to the Main Goonstation servers. Because of this major increase in general player count, some more Security Heads would also be appropriate to counter-balance the chaos.

Security experience (300 word minimum): a greater domestic space-bee that's gunna cause some trouble
Few years on-and-off as a Sec-Clown hybrid since Nightshade 1 back in 2020, playing on Goon 3 as the same character since as well. Also played Sec/Captain for a while during Nightshade 1. The current influx of players, while ultimately good, is a double edged sword. Many players will be wondering what is the appropriate response to things, both on the Security team and the antagonist trying to RP. Alternatively, antags (or general players) should know when they're being unfairly punished, within reason. I've been helping lightly guide Security on 3 for a while with tips of the trade over the years, and newer Security players respect a Clown Officer hybrid. A proper leadership role of Beep would help solidify this style I've picked up over years of playing, one that prioritizes three things: flow, communication, and fun.

Flow: The ebb and flow of the round is ultimately what the Head of Security exists for, aside from shooting the clown. They know when they need to push antagonists into doing something to tell them it's their last chance of doing so, or pull back when an entire Security team shows up for a simple call on the radio. Being able to indicate to players where they're at with the Sec team is important in letting them know what their options are.
Communication: Security exists to keep order on the station. No officer enjoys being left in the dark when hell breaks loose, running around confused and wondering what to do. Having a team that can bounce off eachother seamlessly makes an efficient force. However, efficiency isn't always the objective. Such as...
Fun: At the end of the day, we're all here to play a game and have a good time. It's fun to be an antagonist, and it's fun to chase antagonists. Doing random chaotic actions with no consequences will lead to apathy, as will wantonly arresting perps late-round as Sec because they're bored and yearning for action. Interacting with crew is one of my favorite things to do, as well as telling them random chaotic bits of Beep's lore about being both a Clown and an Officer.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?:
Round flow and interesting moments are more important than doing your job well. Knowing what to do/not to do during situation for better rounds for everyone is more important than "being 'good' at the game", since we're all here to enjoy our time on this crumbling station. Also, donuts are the lifeblood of a good security team.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
I've honestly had so many its hard to remember most without pictures I've saved over the years (some pictured below in a gyazo link!)

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit(?) security players?
Donuts being more temporary-buff based, rather than straight heals/stun buff. I've personally healed to full mid-gunfights using them, and had Sec-Offs full heal after being mag-dumped by many weapons and brute damage. 
Purchasable Wrestling Belt nerf for Traitor; its kinda been a long time coming. It's considered the station-wiper purchase for Traitors, at least on LRP/No RP. A single person can wipe an entire department with it, and is known infamously for doing so.

What's a Security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?:
I've given people who've done minor crimes a sponge and asked them to clean the Sec Pods with a sponge. Most of the time, brig is just a timeout corner, so giving them an action to do is a lot more fun for both parties.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
If it's full, I like to play as a dispatcher sometimes, to get a feel for how the round is gonna go on high-population crews. Otherwise, if I'm the only sec, I can go a little tougher, being the only obstacle in terms of Sec for antags, if they seem willing to push back.

Previous Bans:
One perma, lifted after 2 or 3 weeks after appeal (2022):
Reason - started a mini-business called "Dee's Nuts" as a Clown named "Dee" and sold Omnizine-spliced nuts, said puns based on them that went overboard. Goon Rule 4 break.
3 Days Ban (2021): Teleported into the Armory to take a Breaching Hammer as Miner as non-antag, wanted to do RP about comparing mining hammers vs NT's Hammers. Goon RP Rule 1 break.

Beep's Collage! (it will not let me embed an image so here is the link): https://i.gyazo.com/81003a530c1f8b75c76a...8f0e36.jpg
I've had dino on rp many times.

Responds, communicates, is fair, and knows when to be serious or silly. An invaluable skill.

I have not seen Dino teach solo but have taught with them.

My support.
Ive played with Dino a lot and he's a good security officer who knows the balance of making it fun for others but also putting a foot down. He responds, communicates, and I believe he would be a wonderful Head of Security.

+1
Having played on Nightshade with Beep in the HoS/NTSC slot, I believe that Dino would be a good fit. No bad things come to mind when I think back on those rounds, so it's +1 from me too.
I'm crazy in the discord I said I couldn't remember the last time we played together but that's untrue I think my brain was just exploding in that moment.

Beep is an awesome officer, I have seen them HoS on nightshade as well and felt they did great!

+1
+1 I think they understand the flow of rounds well and can make it fun for everyone as security. Also did a good job on nightshade as HOS already, so I think it's going to be a smooth transition for them on the main goon servers as well. Good luck!
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to some concerns regarding your behaviour. Feel free to reach out to us via discord if you wish to get some additional info. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!