Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Have miasma clouds from rotting corpes include chems from the body
thought of this when a monkey got obliterated by a saxitoxin injector art.

could lead to funny interaction such as the corpse in the corner of med full of healing chems, yet another cheese bomb, and some guy dragging corpse and eating all the murderchems that was in the body.

is this balanced? who knows bee .
Sounds very devious, I like it~
Its a neat idea and could lead to some funny stuff.
Oooh boy that sounds delightfully devilish.
This is a good idea for all the wrong reasons. I love it
i think it's a fine idea and on the same level as gibbed corpses smoking / flooding their reagents

a body offgassing its reagents when dead sounds like a fun idea, but the main things i can think of that would make it less exciting in practice are that bodies create a ton of miasma (like, several times the size of one's bloodstream, large) and most bodies generally don't die with a lot of reagents left in them, and you'd have to slowly put the reagents into the miasma or you'd end up emptying the body in the first could (and ruining potential forensics!)
this does mean that if you killed someone with phlogistion poison they'd give off burning clouds of fire as they rotted. and ling victims would likely give off a bunch of neurotoxin...

sounds funny and silly and sometimes very very deadly
Fun idea, but in same cases you might want to "remove" some chems from the pool like Neurotoxin.

As this will indirectly buff the changeling and the wraith majorly.

I am also guessing blood is gonna be on the list, since blood is always on the reactant pool.
injecting disease reagents into a corpse and yeeting it into security like i'm a medieval general
It would also be an interesting incentive for people to actually preserve bodies with formaldehyde or the morgue.
(06-19-2024, 05:56 AM)Flaborized Wrote: this does mean that if you killed someone with phlogistion poison they'd give off burning clouds of fire as they rotted. and ling victims would likely give off a bunch of neurotoxin...

sounds funny and silly and sometimes very very deadly

Do husks give off miasma? They would be dry husks and I don't think that would rot or miasma.
(06-19-2024, 10:59 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Do husks give off miasma? They would be dry husks and I don't think that would rot or miasma.

Yes, husks give off miasma.

So to directly counter this off-gassing, you'd need only embalm the body. Simple to stop, unless there's a wraith around.
Maybe there should be a chem whitelist on what can spread through miasma? I find the idea great but it just feel unrealistic when a corpse just give away cloud of water. It could include radioactive chems, offgas chems like cyanide and stx, etc etc. Or lavender...
Disagree in medical reason after corpse dead there was no circulation anymore and poison was always in bloodstream or collect in organs however some of toxin are non metabolized but can decay in period of time which is make more harder to identify source of poison if delay investigation. So my opinion was no because not relate to medical reason.
Ah man. Not my Bubsium filled corpses.