HoS Application - Bob Chicken
Usual character name: Bob Chicken
BYOND username: James_TheSnail
Discord username (if you are on our discord): fredthemed
Recommended by (if applicable): Watching videos of Charborg
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application:
I have been playing on Classic for a while now, and I want to be a positive influence within the player base, as well I would like to be able to help security and offer advice to other security members to foster a more exciting round experience.

I want to be able to show that I am able to be trusted to help provide a better experience to the other players

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I have played many rounds as security officer. I believe that the majority of the time I have played security I have done my best to improve the quality of the round overall. When I play Security I try to give the antagonists a chance to try to their gimmick, should they want to try one, but if they are just rampaging through the station, then I will quickly respond to stun then cuff them, if I see a newer antag struggling, I will try to provide advice if they haven't caused any harm to the station, if they have then I would normally provide advice as I make the arrest.

I always tried to keep a cool head while playing sec, since I know that as sec I have the ability to make others miserable if I act unfairly, so if I'm getting riled up I try to calm down or switch off of security for the next round.

I find that sometimes the different philosophies with which people play sec can sometimes cause a bit of a rift between the team, such as how to deal with antags who got caught early into the round, since I prefer to be lenient in most cases, that can sometimes cause me to get into arguments with security who prefer a more strict method of handling things, normally when disagreements like this happen I either try to come to an compromise with such individuals, or defer to captain or HoS in case we have one.

I enjoyed the learning curve of security, I don't believe I played security before my ban, although my memory is unclear on long that's been, originally I shied away from security because after my ban I was scared of picking up a role that I could possibly once again act impulsively and rashly when given a spect of power, but after a while I wanted to learn to play security because I thought that if I could follow the heightened expectations of a security officer, it could help me improve as a player, and I do believe that I did grow from my time as a security officer.

Personally to me, I believe I always tried to be considerate and fair, but I did try to be a team player so I try to match with the general vibe I feel with the rest of the security team

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?

I would tell other sec players not to worry too much about being about being robust, just because you can't handle an entire station of revs doesn't mean you should be psyched out of playing sec, you won't always be able to catch the bad guys and that's okay, its not a team deathmatch, its a collaborative experience, you all win in the end as long as everyone has fun by the end of the round.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    I would say I feel a little more comfortable taking it slow when I'm alone, since I don't have a team that's depending on me, alternatively, I would say when I have a team I'm a bit more confident, since I know that even if I go down the station won't be completely screwed without me
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    A clown passes me in the hallsIt seems that they have many red ballsthen as they flow through the airI realize that they were filled with flareas I struggle to breatheI can only cope and seethe
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

Perma-ban: 2023-07-20
Is there a way to change my post name to include my character's name like most other posts?
Thread title updated.

Jelly
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 9/18/24. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!