Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
[CLOSED PR] Replaces most instances of fake corpses with real corpses
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[Internal] [Secret] [QoL]

About the PR
Replaces most instances of `/obj/decal/fakeobjects/skeleton` with an instance of `/obj/mapping_helper/mob_spawn/corpse/human`.

Adds additional variables and behaviors to `/obj/mapping_helper/mob_spawn/corpse/human`, namely skeletonized, armless, headless, legless, try_buckle and `var/mob/living/carbon/human/corpse`.

Corpses via corpse spawner will now, on default, attempt to buckle themselves onto any `/obj/stool` when spawned.

Also adds several subtypes to `/obj/mapping_helper/mob_spawn/corpse/human` based on a variety of jobs.

I've manually replaced every instance and have taken great care in preserving the original vibe of most replacements. i.e. when replacing a skeleton in a clown suit, replace it with `/obj/mapping_helper/mob_spawn/corpse/human/clown` and so forth.

All Captain / HoP corpses have by default their pockets, bags, IDs and headsets removed, with the exception of the HoP in the customs shuttle. The same is true for all Security Officer corpses, safe for those that may spawn randomly with a 1% chance.

All corpse replacements inside the Owlery have their IDs removed.

Additionally, a few fake corpses remain due to perhaps unique stuff based around them, particularly on the ice moon.

Note:
There are a handful of maps, such as `ships.dmm`, `lunaport.dmm`, `xg6_fermidzone.dmm` and `ships.ancienttradevessel.dmm` that I was unable to edit due to missing files, perhaps a dev could do those instead.

Why's this needed?
The corpse spawner is a powerful tool to generate more dynamic content, and also allows players to interact with corpses, whereas previously they were merely decoration.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Quick update to this, the PR has been updated to remove all IDs, bags, headset and pocket slots. All you can loot from corpses is their outfits, and there's discussions on removing captain armor from the equation entirely (or alternatively, adding an eroded captain's armor with much worse stats)
In my opinion, the encounters were designed with the corpses to be decor and not loot sources, and that should be respected. Future azones that intend you to loot corpses could be a neat thing, but "here go get this thing that looks like captain armor but isn't" feels like a very unnecessary addition to me.
Cool I there is many random room in station has corpse. And should be fun to discover what they have In side.i love to play janitor and found these.
Just based off performance this is probably best as an option for mappers in the future to customize their maps further with "real" corpses, vs. just having the fake corpse on the ground.
i like it a lto more like this. ruined armor with crap stats would also be neat cosmetic
I prefer the skeletons because it looks like they have been there for a long time. If its just all normal corpses it wouldn't feel as lived in. Maybe a mix of skeletons and human corpses instead? Just leave the clothes of the skeletons laying on top of them if you want.
Seconding Jan here. having the corpse-spawners for mappers to use on a case-by-case basis is good, but I'm feeling like a mass find-replace of corpse decals is the wrong way to go, both for concerns of introducing unforseen lootables in random places, and that yikes that's a lot of extra mobs to be loading in all the time.