Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat goin slow
Sometimes the chat decides that if I click the chat window it will try to type out each letter really slow.
Then if too many things are happening and its not able to keep up with the chat and theres like 10 lines waiting to be said, it crashes.
[Image: eudJRjz.png]
Heres a little visual of what is happening. (after I crashed)
It tries to put down word by word instead of the entire line at a time.
And this only happens if you click the text. Not really a problem, but it becomes one if you are the AI and you want to click on peoples names to track them.

Kind of a weird bug, but it never used to happen. I think it started happening around christmas or something. Not sure what could be causing it. I think that the chat log being long makes it more likely to happen.
Also not sure if anyone else has had this happen either.
happens to me all of the time.

Uninstalling and reinstalling internet explorer didn't work, downgrading byond didn't work, and clearing the cache doesn't help.
If you haven't tried those things, do so and maybe you'll have better luck than I did or something.

or if anyone has an actual fix that would be cool!
you know what, I think I actually found a temporary fix for this.
When the chat box starts to freeze the game, use the slider between the chat box and the game to completely push the chatbox to the right until it is not visible. Then, let go and pull it back out, and the chat logs will be mostly cleared, and the slowdown is gone (until it happens again for whatever reason)