Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Increase PDA light function
Thread title. 

That's it. Increase the radius just a bit, or if you're restricted by how it's coded, just simply make it brighter.

It's barely functional as a light source in the current inky darkness. This may be intentional - if so I'd like to know why.

This in conjunction makes flashlights useful, which is a good thing, but they're especially useful now due to the conical direction, so it's still advantageous to pick up a flashlight if you need that extra visibility. Increasing the PDA light function won't steal its thunder.
Yeeeee, its so dim, on a side not, Buy 2 more PDAs from a cartyparty, put them in your packets and turn all 3 lights on, triples the effect, theres also the high power flashlight module
I always use to at round start after I get all my other stuff outta the way I went and replaced my normal flashlight module with the high power one. I would agree with increasing the normal and the high power modules a tile or two.
I've often thought that the default light is more of a "hey, I'm over here!" in pitch-black areas; meant to show others where you are, not to help you see.

I'd agree with making the default module slightly stronger with the same radius, and an overall-improvement for the high-powered module.

Maybe make the low powered always available, reasoning that it is like using your phone-screen on full-bright all-white, and the high-powered being an actual light. In other words: remove the default lighting module from the game, make it a base-feature of all PDAs.
Would it be possible to make PDA light more like a flashlight if it's held in hand?

Also, I've always thought more stuff should run on battery power. What if the PDA had power drain, with different light levels at different power drains?
PDA - a small radius glow with like a bonus tile in front of it for a short range flashlight? Could be fun.

I still very much want to revive my PDA rework idea and batteries are totally a part of it.
(07-22-2020, 05:32 PM)MarkNstein Wrote: I've often thought that the default light is more of a "hey, I'm over here!" in pitch-black areas; meant to show others where you are, not to help you see.

This right here is very very true. Its a beacon of SHOOT THIS GLOWING FUCKER HERE.
(07-22-2020, 08:32 PM)Erev Wrote: PDA - a small radius glow with like a bonus tile in front of it for a short range flashlight? Could be fun.

I still very much want to revive my PDA rework idea and batteries are totally a part of it.

Yeah, like you get additional forward facing light if it's in you hand, because it's more directed.

It would be neat to have more like, reasons to hold an item vs keeping it stored on a chest or pocket slot.

For instance, a station bounced radio being muffled in a pocket
(07-22-2020, 08:54 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 05:32 PM)MarkNstein Wrote: I've often thought that the default light is more of a "hey, I'm over here!" in pitch-black areas; meant to show others where you are, not to help you see.

This right here is very very true. Its a beacon of SHOOT THIS GLOWING FUCKER HERE.

Yea PDAs generally light you up as a giant target in maint, but hey, that doesn't stop me from having it on literally all the time!

This said I run the cat eyes trait 24/7/365 AKA also all the time, so I can barely if ever tell if a PDA light is even on or off because they're so actually garbage at making any worthwhile light in full darkness as well as dimly lit and fully lit areas.

So I'd say go for it, make the PDA light brighter in a slightly larger radius or something