Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rework firearms carry permissions
Right now, having firearms access means that all contraband is essentially ignored.  If the captain has a c-saber or a syndicate hat, for instance, all sectrons will ignore them.  I think this is silly, especially in the case of the syndicate hat.  It's the fucking syndicate hat, you should be under arrest no matter what.

It's also part of the source of frustration with traitor captains we've been seeing lately - they can freely wave around traitor gear without having to worry about beepsky getting on their ass.
the syndicate hat actually *does* just set you to arrest, but having a firearms permit makes it so that beepsky like literally *won't* go after you unless you attack him, it just like cancels the check iirc
Good idea. I think it would be nice if firearms premit and contraband permit were seperate ID card options but there was no way to apply contraband permit and it was unique to Security and HoS ID's, bit like the armoury access.
Maybe also an emergancy button in the HoS' office that gives everybody access to everything incase of a blob or nukies or whatever? Probably with an announcement or something, too.
Add multiple kinds of contraband access: Ballistic, Energy, Security, Misc. (These are just suggestions)

Syndicate stuff is *always* illegal, unless you emag your ID (just a thought I guess)
Syndie stuff always being illegal could make life rather hard for sec during an arrest. Having different types might overcomplicate things, on the other hand it would more easily allow things like granting the MD a permit for their nonlethal weaponry.

Also, having a button for the HoS to press that allows them to remotely disable the contraband sensors on securitrons sounds like a terrific idea for blob rounds.
It might not be a great idea to do it in nukie rounds though, since secbots often do great work against nukies.
Well, here, how about having an entire section of the ID mod menu and HoS control panel dedicated to weapons? Like, specific weapons, all the way from stun batons and tasers, to the tranq and riot shotguns, to laser guns and revolvers, etc. Each individual, specific weapon is toggled on/off on an ID and on the Securitron contraband check - hell, maybe even an override to arrest ANYONE with a specific weapon regardless of ID would be neat.
I personally think we just need two levels of contraband: restricted (stuff like sec equipment or energy guns) and illegal (traitor gear, harmful telesci loot, etc.)
(05-12-2020, 08:37 AM)Carbadox Wrote: Good idea. I think it would be nice if firearms premit and contraband permit were seperate ID card options but there was no way to apply contraband permit and it was unique to Security and HoS ID's, bit like the armoury access.

best idea here
Yeah contraband permit is a good idea. Don't want a sec getting stunned cause they confiscated the contraband around beepsky.
Contraband is a rating (generally) from 1-10. Perhaps firearms permit could be a 'maximum allowed contraband level' that can be set from 1-10, adding some granularity without reworking as much of the contraband system