Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
respawn bug.
just today only a round ago, i was a traitor and killed some people, when i was finally gibbed i somehow got my connection deadified and when i rejoined i was able to create a new character and respawn, this is apparently a known bug but its kind of terrible.
I apologize for freaking out on you and thinking that you were multikeying, brother. Also, good job on most things, your only mistakes were thinking that loyalty implants don't wear off and leaving any sec officer alive.
Actually i knew they did, i just didn't want to kill you since you seemed like a nice guy.
Also, nice job telling the electricians to scan the thermals when i told you to destroy them!
Pretty sure that was before I got implanted, but yeah.
this is hard to reproduce and happens for a lot of reasons. some were fixed but it's probably not completely solved
Started the round as captain on g4, killed myself to go for dinner.

Came back 15ish minutes later and looked round as a ghost, someone took my brain and messed about with it and a borg, then I got a connection lost error. Loaded up g4 again and I could select character again, so became captain twice in one round.
Your character name is lila right? because if so i was on that round
This may be related to the reconnecting bug, which one admin told me, is pretty hard thing to fix, byond related.
It happened to me as a traitor, I was a botanist who killed a chef, only for the chef to respawn on the shuttle, much to my annoyance. I thought he was double-accounting, but not so.
Yeah, character's name is Lila Wolken.

I guess it could be the disconnection bug then, I thought it may have been something to do with borgs and brains and whatnot as that was what happened directly before I lost my connection.
It's not completely solved but hell, if it happens again make a new thread.