Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Grey Goo
This could actually work with with my AI Nanites idea, with people who injected grey goo into themselves getting some nice bonuses, but if a rogue AI decides to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL, then they get infected with AI takeover and if they fail to cure it in time then they are effectively killed and their body turned into an AI shell.
So, to summarize what we've got down:

• Nanobots are a kind of chem substance that can be created
  • Nanobots injected into a person allow the AI to toggle what are essentially superpowers. More Nanobots mean more and better powers. However these can also be used nefariously. A person has to balance how much power they want with how vulnerable they will allow themselves to be to another player
  • Nanobots when spread on the ground form the grey goo, in what's essentially blob like gameplay for the AI. In this form, AI can spend resources to help or harm the crew.
I want this, maybe not the blob thing quite yet as I can see it changing the vibe of a station very quickly
(04-29-2018, 05:48 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: So, to summarize what we've got down:

• Nanobots are a kind of chem substance that can be created
  • Nanobots injected into a person allow the AI to toggle what are essentially superpowers. More Nanobots mean more and better powers. However these can also be used nefariously. A person has to balance how much power they want with how vulnerable they will allow themselves to be to another player
  • Nanobots when spread on the ground form the grey goo, in what's essentially blob like gameplay for the AI. In this form, AI can spend resources to help or harm the crew.

Neat!!
A suggestion: Less than 100% resource recovery. Eating a crowbar does not give you enough materials to make another crowbar, by some margin.