Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mind-Slave Implants: Literal interpretation like an AI?
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Hard Boiled Wrote:Just because your mind was enslaved, DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO RUN AROUND AND KLL!(maybe?)

if your mind is enslaved to someone that has the freedom to go around killing people, you should also have that freedom. unless he tells you not to or by dicking around killing people you manage to goof up something else he told you to do.
he needs to tell you to kill people. You should do whatever it is they ask. But if they don't ask you to kill people, you shouldn't kill people because that might not be their plan for you.

If I made a mindslave and told them "Shut down the AI and report back to me", and they ran around killing people as they did it, I'd be pretty pissed because doing so ruined the point of having a mindslave; he's now a liability and I never asked for him to kill anyone.
Going with Ursula's explanation here, yes, if you are enslaved by a person and you are not quite clear on their intentions then you should literally follow their orders to the letter and kill the AI and report back to him - as a matter of fact you should do so even if you are clear of their intentions. It does not mean you cannot dispose of anyone that obstructs you in doing so but going out of your way to kill people and then kill the AI at some point is really a big no-no.

On the other hand if you aren't given any orders you can still both go by assuming that you should be doing something in order to further your master's cause or otherwise act as a sleeper agent and carry on with your life.
What do you do when you find out that your master has died and you are unable to locate his body?
For me, I'd continue his objectives if he told them to me, then gib myself comically due to having an existential crisis.
The last round I was mindslaved, my master was MIA and I had no more objectives so I went around being emotional, crying and sniffing and overkilling (laser and pipebomb) anybody who showed me the slightest disrespect.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Hard Boiled Wrote:Just because your mind was enslaved, DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO RUN AROUND AND KLL!(maybe?)

if your mind is enslaved to someone that has the freedom to go around killing people, you should also have that freedom. unless he tells you not to or by dicking around killing people you manage to goof up something else he told you to do.

This raises the question of being enslaved by someone who is NOT a traitor and you do not know. It's kinda bad to start killing then, right? Or, should we play it as, "I am now a traitor, but must follow the orders of my master." or "I am just another crew member, but I must follow the masters orders."?
If someone Mindslaves you and tells you to kill, you kill. It doesn't matter if you think they're a traitor or not, if they aren't an admin will surely correct their problem. But you don't pick and choose whether or not to obey the person who mindslaved you, you follow their orders.
Hard Boiled Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:

This raises the question of being enslaved by someone who is NOT a traitor and you do not know. It's kinda bad to start killing then, right? Or, should we play it as, "I am now a traitor, but must follow the orders of my master." or "I am just another crew member, but I must follow the masters orders."?

If a non-traitor is enslaving people beat him to death. You can, 95% of the time, safely assume it is a traitor that enslaved you, and 99% of the time he will say something anyway.
Otherwise, I'm relatively done with you, because this is getting hella dumb (and you are too) and I don't like reiterating the same thing for the third time.