Goonstation Forums
Nomic - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Nomic (/showthread.php?tid=9782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Nomic - cyberTripping - 12-19-2017

filibustering only works if all our resources are being consumed in such a way we are literally unable to vote (eg the senate floor being occupied with someone, preventing others from talking or moving forwards with other matters), nerd

also voting already began and thanks to prop 301 it's guaranteed to end even if other voters don't show up
RIP prop 303

RE: Nomic - popecrunch - 12-19-2017

For proposal 303, I vote Yea.

RE: Nomic - Superlagg - 12-19-2017

On the contrary, 301 gives me the perfect means to filibuster. Every vote resets the duration of the voting period, and with no consideration given to those of us *changing* their vote... I believe I have the floor.

RE: Nomic - cyberTripping - 12-19-2017

However, the wording of rule 207, at least in my interpretation, outlaws casting more than one vote forth. Each player has exactly one vote.

I'd like to invoke judgement (see 212) of the application of rule 207 from the previous player to take a turn, Zewaka.

RE: Nomic - ZeWaka - 12-20-2017

I agree with the invoking of judgment. I agree with the appointment of cyberTripping to be the judge for this turn as said per 212.

I would amend Rule 301 in Proposition 304 to read as follows:

Eligible voters are given half a day's time (12 hours) to vote, starting with the initial vote on the proposition. Any vote that is newly cast within the turn of the proposition then resets the turn's timer up to a maximum of 36 hours.. If the time for eligible voters to vote runs out, any eligible voters who have not already voted are disqualified from the vote. The results of the vote are then based only on the votes given.

RE: Nomic - cyberTripping - 12-20-2017

Thats a good idea, but i dont think thats what judges do. If I'm reading 212 right, it just means you decide the legality of this thing under the law. in this case, if this "changing your vote indefinitely" idea violates 207 or not

RE: Nomic - Tarhalindur - 12-20-2017

Respectfully disagree with filibustering, as allowing it will effectively let Superlagg control the game.

RE: Nomic - Superlagg - 12-20-2017

I vote yes to prop 303, fuck yall nerds.

RE: Nomic - warcrimes - 12-20-2017

I vote NO on Prop 303, and I'll write it on an entire stack of post-its if i have to!

RE: Nomic - cyberTripping - 12-20-2017

Ding-Dong! Time's up! Your safari game is over!

Sorry superlagg 12 hours passed without votes. RIP prop 303.

too lazy to calculate the score this late at night, also since i invoked judgement we need a majority vote for the next person to take their turn for some reason. I vote yea to moving on to popes turn

RE: Nomic - popecrunch - 12-21-2017

My vote for whether or not to proceed to the next turn (which is mine) is Yea.

RE: Nomic - popecrunch - 12-21-2017

(not a vote or anything, just discussion) I've got Plans, but it's going to take a little setup. Fellow chaos-enjoyers, please note that the next couple proposals I make are setup for something GRAND. I am not suggesting you vote for or against them, as I am not interested in violating rule 210, but if my next couple proposals pass, it will enable me to propose HILARIOUS THINGS.

RE: Nomic - ZeWaka - 12-21-2017

i vote yes for pope's turn

RE: Nomic - Superlagg - 12-21-2017

I vote yes and tack on a rider to increase democracy by 15%.

RE: Nomic - warcrimes - 12-21-2017

I vote yes and preemptively vote yes on whatever pope is proposing . I trust.