Goonstation Forums
How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: How would you respond to the following scenarios? (/showthread.php?tid=9741)

Pages: 1 2

How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Lady Birb - 12-06-2017

With all the talk about how security players should act, I decided to make this thread to list different scenarios you are likely to encounter during your time on the station, and allow others to respond with how they would respond to the situation. Let us begin.

SCENARIO 1A: You are a security officer or if you are an approved player, the head of security. While patrolling you see a cloaker fade into vision in front of you as a result of slipping and dropping his cloak. They has not committed any crimes other than possessing a cloak, and nobody has reported any cloaker-related crimes. The current round time is 20 minutes.
SCENARIO 1B: Same as above, but you are the captain rather than a member of security.
SCENARIO 1C: Same as above, but you are just a well-equipped staff assistant, with a flash and the baseball bat.

SCENARIO 2A: You are a security officer or if you are an approved player, the head of security. After a few deaths have been reported, you find someone hacking into a secure area and arrest them. Upon arresting and searching them, you find a syndicate dagger and an emag. Due to the nature of the deaths and other things I can't bother to describe, you can tell that they are only trying to complete their objectives. The current round time is 20 minutes.
SCENARIO 2B: Same as above, but you are the captain instead of a member of security.
SCENARIO 2C: Same as above, but you are just a well-equipped staff assistant, and rather then finding them hacking into a secure area and arresting them, you saw them slip and drop their emag.

SCENARIO 3A: You are a security officer or if you are an approved player, the head of security. There is a traitor is going on a loud football-player rampage. You have managed to down them and handcuff them, and are now in the middle of a hallway with a handcuffed rampager in tow. The current round time is 30 Minutes
SCENARIO 3B: Same as above, but you are the captain instead of a member of security.
SCENARIO 3C: Same as above, but you are just a well-equipped staff assistant, and rather than having them handcuffed, you managed to get their helmet off and have them in a killgrab.

SCENARIO 4A: You are a security officer or if you are an approved player, the head of security. After several deaths have been reported, you catch a traitor in the act of csabering someone to death in maintnence. You just managed to stun them and have not yet handcuffed them. The current round time is 30 minutes.
SCENARIO 4B: Same as above, but you are the captain rather than a member of security.
SCENARIO 4C: Same as above, but you are just a well-equipped staff assistant.

Feel free to post how you would respond to the different scenario as above, as well as debate with each other over who's response is correct.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - locusts - 12-06-2017

1A - Issue a minor ticket for being invisible without a permit.
1B - Let security know but don't actually bother to do anything apart from maybe charge them for an invisibility permit.
1C - Ignore them as I'm probably busy doing something else.

2A - Arrest them, put them in the brig for a minute and confiscate their traitor gear.
2B - Same as above.
2C - Grab the emag and run away.

3A - Arrest them, confiscate gear, put them in the brig, see if you can get a trial going, if not let them out after about five minutes with some clothes and nothing else.
3B - Same as above but do the trial myself.
3C - Beat them into crit, take them to medbay while also stealing their stuff.

4A - Same as 3A
4B - Similar to 3B but I'd probably de-limb them as punishment.
4C - Steal C-Saber, use C-Saber on antag.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Mordent - 12-06-2017

1A: Stunbaton, grab the cloaking device (to put in contraband locker), issue a ticket for possessing an unlicensed doodad, walk away.
1B: Grab cloaking device, fart on them, leave. Make sure to avoid them in future (ideally via use of the cloaking device) if I see them around again.
1C: As per 1B, except also taunt security via 145.9 that I'm doing their job for them. Don't reveal the name of the perp unless a sec officer asks me in private.

2A: Arrest, confiscate traitor gear, stick in the brig for whatever Space Law says is appropriate (I can never remember the times so always have a copy on me to check/throw at people). I do it by the book. Whichever is the higher of trespass and possession of restricted items.
2B: Arrest, yell at security via the security channel to come and pick up the perp. Probably tuck the syndicate dagger away on my person but let them confiscate the emag. If security are non-responsive/busy, toss them out of the secure area without stuff and leave them to it - they weren't going to be any fun anyway.
2C: Grab emag, run like buggery. Deny all knowledge unless security are literally stunning me.

3A: Arrest them, kick them a few times for good measure, stick them in the port-a-brig and when back in security confiscate their gear, then stick them in the brig for 5 minutes (unless the HoS says longer - I very rarely play HoS, and would only latejoin as one). Tell the crew to be wary around them via 145.9.
3B: As per 3A, except tell security what I'm doing and let them deal with the sentence. Do not approve the death penalty.
3C: Toolbox them into shallow-crit while dragging their ass to medbay. Take their football stuff to taunt them with later, and any other juicy gear I've found on them in the meantime. Hand it over to security if confronted about it.

4A: Handcuff them, grab the csaber (and any other clearly relevant items), toss them in the port-a-brig while telling any other security to process the guy while I get the victim to medbay. Make sure the victim is in fact the victim and not the antag being brought down by 4C (grab their backpack for a cursory glance in it before putting it back on them while doctors treat/clone them). If they have traitor shit too, hang around/make a note to come back in a minute or two and then arrest them. If the perp escapes because no security responded/were able to detain the original perp properly, so be it. If they're detained, head there right after making sure the victim got to medbay (treat/clone if no doctors are available, else leave them to it; make sure to get the victim's name). If the perp is still secure, confiscate any other traitor gear and brig them for 5 minutes; concede to HoS if they have other plans. If the original perp is claiming they were in a 4C situation and had no other traitor gear, brig them for a minute to discourage vigilante justice then off they go.
4B: Handcuff them, grab the c-saber, port-a-brig the perp, port-a-med the victim, tell the respective departments to sort their shit out; head to security to make sure the perp gets searched, but let sec officers do it if any are around. If no security are doing anything, search them for stuff, brig for 5 minutes if anything else indicates they're an antag, else let them go. More fun this way, plus they're down a c-saber.
4C: Grab c-saber, use on c-saber-er until they're in shallow crit, step away (because microbombs), tell security over 145.9. I'm faster than them now, so just keep my distance. Don't tell security about the c-saber unless specifically asked, in which case hand it over with no argument.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - SoniTeh1 - 12-06-2017

1A - take the cloaking device for my own little shenanigans
1B - stun them and take the cloaking device and shove them down a disposal.
1C - take their cloaking device to then break into sec and flash one of sec then beat them down enough with a bbat to where i can get their id and fart in their face after medbaying them and running from sec for rest of round.
answer the rest later

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - NateTheSquid - 12-06-2017

I currently can't be bothered doing each individual scenario however:

as secoff, generally confiscate any traitor gear (or if they were hacking/doing chem shit or something, i confiscate the related equipment.

as captain/hop, i do the same but i'm much more likely to kill an antag if they resist a lot, repeatedly attack/resist capture, etc

as a geared out staff assistant, i usually take their traitor stuff (and anything i want) then kill them if they try to take it back. or just out them over radio and leave it for others to deal with

edit: i didnt realize there was a c saber scenario. always kill anyone who buys a saber

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Boon Yoon - 12-06-2017

1A: scream, then help them up. advise them to walk around wet surfaces, especially the pool.
1B: same as above.
1C: scream, help them up, and do a flip or something, maybe wish them luck on their journey. If I'm near a bathroom I'd flash them and give a few swirlies. 

2A: After searching the bag, I'd laugh at them. Then brig them for basically no time and make sure they get their stuff back. If they are hacking into security then I'd do basically the same thing, but beat the shit out of them and confiscate. If they used the emag on the security doors, I'd severely beat them, confiscate, and maximum brig. If they died in the brig due to their injuries, I wouldn't give a shit. 
2B: Honestly playing captain is so awful that I would have killed myself before this even happened. 
2C: It kind of depends who it is. Most likely I'd steal it, emag a hypospray for coffee, then maybe give it to the chef (if they can cook). If it's an interesting traitor I would do a flip and maybe have a dance-off. 

3A: I'd buckle them to a chair, and put on the football stuff. I'd use all the abilities on them while screaming a bunch, then brig and release with no gear. 
3B: My dead body would be drifting through the cold vacuum of space. 
3C: I'd choke them, throw them into a glass table or something, beat them severely, strip the stuff and let the vultures have their share, and leave them for dead. Maybe set them on fire for good measure. Or maybe I'd eat their heart if it was in the bar. It would be terrible either way. 

4A: Since it's maint, I'd csaber them in the arms then throw them in case they explode. If it was in an important area, I'd cuff, portabrig, move to an airlock, strip, and space them after choking them out. 
4B: My ghost would fart on the AI a few times. 
4C: Csaber them a few times and throw for their explosion. Drag the dead nerd to medbay while seriously considering stealing their shoes.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Vitatroll - 12-06-2017

1A: I grab the cloak. I attempt to question them. If they give a good/funny response they get a by. If they don't reply I arrest them, take any contraband they have, and put it in a disclosed, loosely secured area. Anything outright murderous either goes with me or to an undisclosed, highly secured area. Then I get treated like Hitler, the end.

1B: I grab the cloak and question them, but give it back to them regardless. They know I know, I know they know I know, we know I know they know I know and that's what's important.

1C: I'd fart on they face. My 'well-equipped' these days is wearing pants.

===

2A: As sec I'm the antagonist's antagonist, provided I'm not already drunk in the bar for rolling sec. I arrest they ass and take they shit in the same manner as 1A. A game's fun is derived from challenge. No challenge means no fun for no no body.

//Before I get called on that 'As sec I'm' -- No, I don't view sec as having some overarching mission or protocol; they're mall cops and can be just as dumb as anyone else on the station. There's no 'right way' and to each their own. Simple ya?//

2B: If I can taze and fart on them a bunch then I consider their dues paid.

2C: 1C

===

3A: 2A

3B: As Captain I press my rightful claim on they cool gear. If they want it back they'll have to catch my sweet, jukin' ass. Oh, if they killed tons of people they get an introduction to airlock-sempai.

3C: 2C

===

4A: Execution. Depending on how much of a dick they were I might cuff and airlock. Otherwise I go for a spin on the implant roulette for funs.

4B: 4A, with extra farts.

4C: I'm probably dead at this point barring a lucky drunk/chair-flip. I loathe using guns for some reason. shrug

Not sure why I posted. I basically never go he-ro. Now to get yelled at by people who do things the 'right' way.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Drago156 - 12-06-2017

eh for me the answers are mostly the same

1-4A : If they are arrested and I make it to security with them, I will generally search them, remove contraband, and brig them accordingly, however, if they are loose and continue to fight and resist and kill more people, I might just throw them out of an airlock without internals and suit, because at some point, if you can't arrest an antag and the death toll rises because of that, they deserve execution when they are caught.

1-4B : I don't generally get captain much any more but when I did I usually arrested the antags unless they murdered a large amount of people, in which case I would stun then laser them to death

1-4C : I don't generally play staff assistant at all, but I generally will take their traitor gear, and robust the shit out of them if they make a big fit out of it.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - ZeWaka - 12-07-2017

SCENARIO 1A: Since I'm HoS, I stun that fool with either a burst taser or a normal one. I'll pick up the cloaker and fart on the perpetrator. Then I drag him to the interrogation room, since cloakers are contraband on the station, and they must be questioned!
SCENARIO 1B: I'll grab the energy gun and dual-wield it with a flash. The flash would be applied, and I'll grab gun them to take them hostage. Then, I'll handcuff them and bring them to security lobby for the officers to deal with.
SCENARIO 1C:I'll steal the cloaker to increase my powergaming level and gain bonus points. After that, if he has recovered I'll flash them, then fart on their face. I'll also spam laughing.

SCENARIO 2A: It would depend on the secure area. If they are messing with my turf, MY ARMORY, then I'll construct an electric chair for a public pay-per-view execution. If it's genetics I'll give them a reward. Else, I'll secure the contraband in a crate and set them in the brig for 5m.
SCENARIO 2B: Genetics clause still applies. I'll probably do the contraband crate thing as well. I would also scan them for blood.
SCENARIO 2C: I'll steal that emag and then use it on them, mindslaving them. After that, I'll tell my newfound mindslave to harass security.

SCENARIO 3A: If they are attempting to escape, I'll just beat them until red health. If they are being really unruly I'll crit them and give them epi + salicylic from the medkit next to the brig. I'll also steal all their gear and proclaim myself the new football star. Maybe permabrig them or just release them with only a prison jumpsuit.
SCENARIO 3B: I would probably follow the same beating method. However, I would proclaim to the station that football is now mandatory and we would all play a great game of soccer.
SCENARIO 3C:Since I have them in a killgrab, I'll suplex them for style points. Then, I'll elbow dive off a chair a few times. After they die from my repeated vigilante justice blows, I'll put the corpse in a closet and tell security where it is.

SCENARIO 4A: I would stun them again with the hilt of the csaber to be sure. Then, I'll cuff them and bring them back to security for processing. They might be executed, but they could also choose their own adventure: csaber torture, exile to a moon, or cut off all their limbs and put them on a segway.
SCENARIO 4B: Same as above.
SCENARIO 4C: Since I'm well equipped, that means I have my signature powergaming item: N2O tank. I'll perform ghetto surgery on them and shove the csaber inside of them, which would then slice off their ass, allowing for me to add it to my asshat collection. I would also steal an arm and a leg and throw it at people passing by in the hallway.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - LuigiThirty - 12-07-2017

I’ll play, but I don’t play much security.

1a: Confiscate the cloak and write a ticket. If they resist, throw them in the brig for 90 seconds and go through their stuff looking for other contraband.
1b: Politely ask why they’re invisible. If they come up with a funny response, warn them to be more careful and let them go. If they get violent/mouth off, zap them if possible and inform security.
1c: *scream, flash, beat them with the bat while screaming over the radio about a traitor.

2a: Arrest, interrogate them, confiscate their traitor gear. Brig for appropriate time. Leave them their Syndicate PDA.
2b: Call Security, zap them if possible. You’re not getting away with murder on my station!
2c: Steal the emag. Fart on the traitor. Give the AI some new laws.

3a: Drag to security, confiscate everything and brig them for 4 minutes. Put on trial if possible. If not, let them go as a hard-mode traitor.
3b: Stun and space them ASAP, Space Law be damned.
3c: Put them in crit, steal everything, leave them for dead.

4a: Arrest, confiscate, trial, etc.
4b: *scream, C-Saber their limbs off and drag them to medbay.
4c: Toolbox them, fart on them a bunch, and throw them out an airlock.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Technature - 12-07-2017

1A:Tell the rest of the team of the possibility of potential cloaking crimes, making sure to point out the person hasn't actually done anything yet.  Keep an ear out on the radio for problems possibly relating to the person.
1B:Tell security something invisible is annoying me and DAMN IT I'M JUST TRYING TO ENJOY MY CHEESEBURGER IN PEACE!
1C:Attempt to barter for the cloaker.  Failing that, attempt to robust the cloaker from his possession.  Die horribly.  Blame literally everything but me as a ghost.

2A:The person did the bad, the person does the time.  Arrest them, confiscate the illegals, and throw them in the brig for two-three minutes.  Tell them to not do the bad again.
2B:Pretty much the same as above, but keep the illegals as souvenirs.  Also, if it exists, yell at security for not doing their job.
2C:Steal the Emag.  Run like hell.  Die anyways.  Blame literally everything but me as a ghost.

3A:Stun the bitch Remove all the gear.  Slam that fucker in the port-a-brig that I summoned like a not moron.  Rampaging is pretty bad, but doing it LOUDLY?  UNACCEPTABLE!  4 MINUTES IN THE BABY JAIL!  Maybe throw in a beating if they're an asshole about the entire thing.
3B:Hey?  What's that?  Beyond the door?  Is it space?  I think it is.  Go say hi to space friend.  It wants to hug you.  Retrieve the corpse to borgify and proceed to mock the borg.  Tell it to bother someone else after it inevitably goes brobot.
3C:Claim to be the hero that the station deserved.  Fuck up somehow and get slammed into the floor, dying horribly.  Blame literally everything but me as a ghost.

4A: Handcuff them and take what is no doubt all the illegals.  This guy did pretty terrible shit.  Ask the captain or HoS (or authorize it as the HoS) to make a public execution.  Make sure everyone is provided with tomatoes or eggs.  But AFTER the explosion implant is taken out.
4B: Death by C-saber Irony.  Borg and mock.
4C:Beat them to death with the toolbox I'm carrying around and slice them a bit with the C-saber...just in time for someone to confuse me as the traitor.  Get beaten to death for being the hero.  Blame literally everything but me as a ghost.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Dr Zoidcrab - 12-07-2017

This is interesting, personally I would execute the objective driven stealth traitor and c-saber nerd, and let the footballer and pants-down cloaker off with mere humiliation.

I'd take an entertaining rampage traitor or a bumbling fool over a wordless assassin any day, especially not an objective driven murderer who's unlikely to give up even after being stripped of all his toys.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Maegor - 12-07-2017

1A: Confiscate it and fine them
1B: Take the cloaker and see if I can incite a lynch mob or inform security if there is any
1C: Take the cloaker and use it to stalk people

2A: Confiscate and brig them for 5 minutes (Less if they aren't trying to escape). However, if they are breaking into sec, I will confiscate everything his job isn't supposed to have and give them a beating (Double beating if they broke windows or emagged doors)
2B 2C: Never play either of those so I have no idea, probably just ignore them

3A: Get him to sec as soon as possible and brig him while I see how many died. If a lot of people died and the traitor is being an ass I execute them, If not a lot of people died and can be cloned I confiscate everything they have and brig the for 5 minutes

4A: Stun again and Handcuff them now and beat them to almost crit, then put then borg them

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Superlagg - 12-07-2017

1A: Take that cloak, fine their ass, and leave the cloak somewhere where they can get it if they really want it.
1B: Take that cloak and dick around, use it to beat up the traitor if they get shankity.
1C: Ditto, but with more invisible chairflipping into bystanders.

2A: Murderer! Daggers only come from surplus crates (right?) so they probably weren't counting on being a traitor and didn't have any fun plans. Their crime: failure to improv. Take their traitor gear, bucklecuff them in a hallway, and let something interesting come from this adversity.
2B: Ditto, but I probably don't have cuffs, so I'll just strip them and throw their naked body into EVA or something.
2C: Stun them, take their shit, then run and obliterate monkeys with their toys. More likely, I'd just swipe their dagger, knife them to death, then clone them so they're good and pissed.

3A: Fun murderer! Same as 2A.
3B: Ditto 2B.
3C: Ditto 3B.

4A: They were dead the moment they ordered that nerdsaber. I'd hit them twice with the sword, stuff them into the portabrig, and clone the guy they killed. If the portabrig hasn't gone up in microbombs (microbombs imply that your only goal was to make the most people die, fuck everything else), I'll borg their corpse.
4B: Full battery of lethal egun shots. No chances taken, don't even mind if I get microbombed cus the captain wins again or something.
4C: Take saber, swing swing, clone the person they killed, then smash everything with the sword and pretend to be a traitor until security murders me.

Cus life and death have no meaning while the cloner's intact. If the cloner's blown, I'd either borg them or call for the shuttle.

RE: How would you respond to the following scenarios? - Frank_Stein - 12-07-2017

1a. Report it over sec radio
2a. Confiscate items, give em light brig time
3a. Stuff em in port a brig, take em to brig, get back up to get traitor gear, brig time
4a. Same as before, probably a longer brig time