Goonstation Forums
Changing up miscreant objectives - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Changing up miscreant objectives (/showthread.php?tid=9645)

Pages: 1 2

Changing up miscreant objectives - Flourish - 11-22-2017

Miscreants are supposed to make things more interesting! However, they aren't antags, and so shouldn't engage in traitorous behavior (in other words, they should follow the same rules and principles that normal players do). Unfortunately, sometimes a miscreant's objective can make this fact confusing. For example, take "cause as much property damage as possible without killing anyone".

Therefore, I think we should change up miscreant objectives and not only make them less confusing, but also more fun. If you have any suggestions as to ones we should remove, or ones we should add, please post them here.

You can find the full list of miscreant objectives here.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - cyberTripping - 11-22-2017

A miscreant objective to found and curate a museum might be funny, inspired by that Shoeseum pic. "Make as much noise as possible" sounds like a spicy idea as well.

I don't know how i feel about the vigilante objective. Of course, any security that actually removes someone from the game without absolute proof should get a warning and an explanation of why that's very much not ok, but then why have a miscreant objective specifically to egg on almost assuredly rule-breaking behavior?

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Nnystyxx - 11-23-2017

I was going to say, the "get people to want to/actually kill you" ones seem counter to the spirit, since people mostly look for antagonist status, not miscreant status to justify these things. Also, anything that is bad enough to make OUR players want to kill someone, players who are probably at least somewhat afraid of Getting It Wrong, must be just deafeningly annoying.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Technature - 11-23-2017

(11-23-2017, 08:34 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I was going to say, the "get people to want to/actually kill you" ones seem counter to the spirit, since people mostly look for antagonist status, not miscreant status to justify these things. Also, anything that is bad enough to make OUR players want to kill someone, players who are probably at least somewhat afraid of Getting It Wrong, must be just deafeningly annoying.

The Grody clown has, on two seperate occasions, gotten me to the point that fighting to the death was the only option, even though neither he nor I were miscreants or antags.

It was some of the most entertaining shit I've ever had.

I guess it just depends on the person cause the only thing I can think of to accomplish this objective is to steal security gear and "arrest people" til they gib me in the crusher, and I can't see anyone thinking that as anything but annoying as fuck.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - atomic1fire - 11-23-2017

I think it's important to note that there is a certain robust spirit to ss13 that I think should be kept alive in some form.

Rather then completely ditching the traitory sounding miscreant objectives, what if they were optional "Misdemeanors" that characters might be enticed to commit.

Perhaps talking to a certain terrible William (You may know him by another name) at a seedy diner could "inspire" crewmen with unlocked objectives.

For instance you need to "prove" to him that you're trustworthy by being set to arrest in exchange for drugs, or give him a specific object in exchange for cash.

Basically CRIME the minigame.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Lady Birb - 11-23-2017

I still think that destroying the captain's prized bonzai tree should be both a traitor objective and miscreant objective.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - LuigiThirty - 11-23-2017

Broadcast your own announcement from the Announcements Computer.

Give the AI an annoying but not treasonous law.

Clog all the toilets on the station.

Deep-fry a body and serve it in the bar.

Convince someone to buy a loot crate from you.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - warcrimes - 11-24-2017

Meticulously deconstruct your department and rebuild it in your own image.

Eat every bit of food on the station

Convince as many crew members as possible to reassign to your department

Bring back poo

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Technature - 11-24-2017

(11-24-2017, 10:36 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Bring back poo

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Frank_Stein - 11-24-2017

Key the Sec pods

Shave the Captain bald

Pee in the pool

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - warcrimes - 11-24-2017

(11-24-2017, 01:59 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Pee in the pool

And then the nuke siren plays

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - locusts - 11-24-2017

Sabotaging the Captain's bonsai tree should be changed from a traitor objective to a miscreant objective.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Technature - 11-24-2017

(11-24-2017, 03:15 PM)locusts Wrote: Sabotaging the Captain's bonsai tree should be changed from a traitor objective to a miscreant objective.

It should be both.

Just cause nobody likes the captains stupid tree.

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - Lady Birb - 11-24-2017

(11-24-2017, 03:40 PM)Technature Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 03:15 PM)locusts Wrote: Sabotaging the Captain's bonsai tree should be changed from a traitor objective to a miscreant objective.

It should be both.

Just cause nobody likes the captains stupid tree.

Hey! I already said that!

RE: Changing up miscreant objectives - locusts - 11-24-2017

that was in the past, quit living in the past