Goonstation Forums
[Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Patches (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Implemented (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=9136)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - robertGN - 07-27-2017

Like a year ago I made a shitty Katana that was basically a reskinned C-saber.

This time, it's actually something unique and functions differently than (most) existing items!
  • It's low damage, and won't near instantly crit people like a c-saber will
  • Instead of being a straight brute-force damage dealer, the Katana focuses on maiming and lopping off limbs! Upon a hit, it will cut off the targeted limb and deal some bleed damage. It blocks insta-decapitations and cutting off people's entire chests for hopefully obvious reasons. edit: as of now it can chop off heads if all the limbs are already gone.
  • The Katana uses a sheath than can be worn on the belt slot and put in your backpack, but the Katana itself must be drawn from the sheath using both hands and cannot go on your belt or in your backpack.
  • Sound like a massive nerd when you commit suicide with a neat Japanese phrase as you die.
  • It has an examine text that is probably waaaaay too large.
  • It's so much cooler than an energy sword
It also looks pretty neat (credit to Arborinus)! Have some free screenshots (also credit to Arborinus).

[Image: ZN5B0b6.png][Image: Tiakzsd.png][Image: KWIH4dQ.png]

And fair warning: this is a patch I've put some effort into, but I'm almost certain there are more efficient ways to do what I did in the code. Maybe even some glitches snuck through frown . If you notice anything that is pretty shit, post it here and I'll update the code.

link to the diff or whatever https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation-2016/compare/goonstation-2016-byond510...robertmanbob:katana?expand=1

quick edit: I also recommend that an admin put the old traitor katana thread in the trash, thank you.

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - NateTheSquid - 07-27-2017

looks neato, and sounds like it'd be cool for slightly less deadly rampage fun. i like to be an obvious, fight-able threat while doing little death

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - Frank_Stein - 07-27-2017

Using it on heads oughta cut hats off if we can't decapitate people

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - NateTheSquid - 07-27-2017

(07-27-2017, 09:37 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Using it on heads oughta cut hats off if we can't decapitate people

should tip the hat off of their head dramatically with the blade.

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - babayetu83 - 07-27-2017

should be able to cut peoples heads off if you cut off everything else first

also make sure to let it be able to cut pizza

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - ZeWaka - 07-27-2017

instead of spawning a new katana every time which is needless, why not just shove it in the sheath's contents and bring it in and out?

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - medsal15 - 07-28-2017

Jesus that description is gonna take at least 4 lines. Excellent!

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - robertGN - 07-28-2017

(07-27-2017, 10:19 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: instead of spawning a new katana every time which is needless, why not just shove it in the sheath's contents and bring it in and out?

I was originally going to do this, but the code I was going off of for an example (patchboxes) basically does the same thing. If you could point me towards a better example, I'll go do that.

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - atamusvaleo - 07-28-2017

Does spinning or twirling the item sometimes fail and cause you to lop off an arm or leg?
Because it should.

(07-27-2017, 09:54 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: should be able to cut peoples heads off if you cut off everything else first

I second this.

(07-28-2017, 06:47 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Does spinning or twirling the item sometimes fail and cause you to lop off an arm or leg?
Because it should.

(07-27-2017, 09:54 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: should be able to cut peoples heads off if you cut off everything else first

I second this.

I might look into cutting heads off after I deal with the sheath being dumb. It shouldn't be too difficult, just need to figure out how to check if a limb is missing (or in this case, all of your limbs)

(07-27-2017, 10:19 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: instead of spawning a new katana every time which is needless, why not just shove it in the sheath's contents and bring it in and out?

Change implemented, it now stores and retrieves (and cleans) the katana instead of making a new one

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - cyberTripping - 07-28-2017

terrible suggestion: unable to drop or sheathe katana until it has tasted blood since it was last drawn

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - Gannets - 07-28-2017

Well, this is pretty rad actually.

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - LuigiThirty - 07-28-2017

Yesssss, it’s cursed and can’t be put away or dropped until it’s tasted blood. Also, seconded cutting heads off but only if the target is out of limbs.

RE: [Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0 - NateTheSquid - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 03:30 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Yesssss, it’s cursed and can’t be put away or dropped until it’s tasted blood. Also, seconded cutting heads off but only if the target is out of limbs.

cursed sounds like his grace all over again. maybe make a cursed variant if you want, but the default isnt cursed