Goonstation Forums
Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) (/showthread.php?tid=8669)

Pages: 1 2

Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - UrsulaMejor - 05-07-2017

(Sign Up Sheet Closed)

Hey guys! A recent change in my work schedule means that the weekly goonstation dnd game IĀ run will be moving from Tuesdays to the weekend. We're also looking for new players, so that's why I'm making this thread!

We are using Roll20 to run the game and Discord for voice.

There are no limitations on character creation, but only the classes/races/backgrounds in the Player's Handbook may be used without DM approval.

Current character level is 3

The game is set in Kom, a homebrew world of mine. Here is a very rough setting description, some of this stuff has or may be adjusted as the story develops but this will give you some idea.

as far as the general area goes, this is a land that has fallen away from Ye Olde Ways in favor of developing rudimentary man and water-powered machines and artifice.
at some indeterminate time in the past, the understanding of magic faltered

although there are the rare few who still hold the gift of magic, fewer still know how to do itsorcerers are rare, wizards mind-meltingly rarer(pretty much anyone who goes digging for magic tomes and starts reading them to become wizards either dies or goes insane) (a pointed cap is the mark of a person who has played with fire and lived, which makes him either insanely stupid or insanely smart; and if he were stupid he wouldn't be standing in front of you with all four limbs)

This presents a ripe world for adventurers who seek the old arts for various means; old tomes from the days where magic was common are valuable, magic treasures are stored away just waiting to be found

old magic tomes are a little like elder scrolls in that it takes a certain kind of mind to both A) learn from them and B) Not become a gibbering/blind/deaf/mute madman

it's not called "Land of the Gods" for nothing. frankly, most people wish the gods would shut up. most people don't dedicate themselves to any one particular god; they pay tribute to the gods when they are in their domains, much like you would an earthly king while passing through

they pray to the god of travel when travelling, the god of life when there's a baby comingsome gods literally decide they want to be kings over lands and install themselves as theocratic leaders. others prefer just to wander around doing whatever. there's probably quite a few rivalries, like Athens V. Sparta, but the average peasant doesn't concern themselves much with this

Game Time: 1pm PST to 3pm PST on Saturday

Current players:

Grink
Rick
Aesculus
Grumpchkin
Wire
Flourish
Erik Hanson (Extra; first in in case of dropout)

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - NateTheSquid - 05-07-2017

I have signed up, however my chosen times do not account for anything that might randomly pop up, and also is not a very wide time frame, however I can sometimes be more flexible and am not really fussed if you choose someone with more time over me.

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - Rick - 05-07-2017

I would like to make the point that out of our currentĀ group I am the only one who hasn't been partially consumed by a gelatinous cube.

totally having fun

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - awfulworldkid - 05-07-2017

I want to play, but even though I have all the books for 5e I've never played. Should I try and make a character anyway?

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - UrsulaMejor - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 03:57 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: I want to play, but even though I have all the books for 5e I've never played. Should I try and make a character anyway?

First time players are welcome. I recommend holding off on making a character until Wednesday because that's when i'll be finalizing the new players + start time

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - Wire - 05-07-2017

Ye fuck it I'm in

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - Frank_Stein - 05-07-2017

Weekends I'm usually with my girlfriend, but if a weekday spot opens again before 5p I'm free

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - The_Rain - 05-07-2017

I'll be glad to sign up for the weekends, but sometimes I work well into the evening(s).

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - Grumpchkin - 05-08-2017

What time on weekends? I'm extremely interested but it might run too late due to time zones.

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - NateTheSquid - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 12:11 AM)grumpchkin Wrote: What time on weekends? I'm extremely interested but it might run too late due to time zones.

Has all the times on the sign up thingo

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - Grumpchkin - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 01:22 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 12:11 AM)grumpchkin Wrote: What time on weekends? I'm extremely interested but it might run too late due to time zones.

Has all the times on the sign up thingo

Alright signed up, hope i got the time zone conversion right.

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - babayetu83 - 05-09-2017

https://discord.gg/djYXHYC

discord link here if you're playing

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - SgtBriar - 05-09-2017

sure why not. might be late but oh well

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - NateTheSquid - 05-09-2017

I said in the discord thing yesterday but I should also be able to do 12-2 am PST as well, probably saturdays and sundays

RE: Goonstation Next (Dungeons and Dragons 5e) - UrsulaMejor - 05-09-2017

Hey Guys! Thanks for all the responses smile

I know I said you had until wednesday, but I'm closing the form early because I believe I already have enough information to make the final decision. If you are on the list of Players, please join the Goonstation Next Discord as soon as possible so we can begin character creation.

Game Time: 1pm PST until 3pm PST on Saturdays

Players:
Aesculus (1)
Flourish (2)
Grink (3)
Grumpchkin (4)
Rick (5)
Wire (6)
Erik Hanson (Extra Slot; First In in case of dropout)

Below is the schedule data report and submission response order for full transparency:
[Image: Kp9j1Wd.png]

Response Order: UrsulaMajor, Wonk, Rick, NateTheSquid, Aesculus, babayetu83, Flourish, Awfulworldkid, Wire, Grumpchkin, ErikHanson, Studenterhue, (blank)

Players were selected on the following priority:
1) Current player
2) Availability
3) Submission Response Time

If you didn't make the list this time, don't worry! I will be saving your responses in case a player drops, and I will continue to run campaigns until Goonstation Player interest wanes. There may be another campaign running later this year that you can join.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a message here or contact me on IRC (Nick is UrsulaMajor or Urs).