Goonstation Forums
Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks (/showthread.php?tid=8502)

Pages: 1 2

Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Wraithcraft - 03-30-2017

Hear me out on this. I think that while Conspiracy is fun, there could possibly be a few tweaks to make it even more fun! Also, some of the objectives are a bit cut and dry.

Controversial Change: (I'm iffy on this one. Conspirators are pretty robust in their own sense, and they might not need the extra help.) EDITED
Give conspirators some form of limited uplink, which has something like:
  • Spy Stickers
Objective Changes:
Add more fun objectives! Have things like: 
  • Organize a strike that involves every crewmember. (Like rev, but less killing all heads of staff.)
  • Turn the station into an Absolute Monarchy, and publicly execute all enemies of the crown!
This is all that I have for now, leave any criticisms/suggestions below!

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Noah Buttes - 03-31-2017

I thought conspiracy, otherwise known as spy, got removed from the rotation for basically being a worse version of revolution.

Did someone add it back into the rotation?

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - amaranthineApocalypse - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 06:28 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I thought conspiracy, otherwise known as spy, got removed from the rotation for basically being a worse version of revolution.

It's one of the possible things that can happen in Destiny's new intrigue mode

It's more or less completely unrelated to spy from what i can tell

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Lady Birb - 03-31-2017

I am pretty sure the new conspiracy mode that is being tried out by admins is something along the lines of "Every head of staff except the captain is a hardmode traitor and they all share a single objective".

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Noah Buttes - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 06:44 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 06:28 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I thought conspiracy, otherwise known as spy, got removed from the rotation for basically being a worse version of revolution.

It's one of the possible things that can happen in Destiny's new intrigue mode

It's more or less completely unrelated to spy from what i can tell

Huh, I wonder why they decided to re-use the name.

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - amaranthineApocalypse - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 06:45 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: I am pretty sure the new conspiracy mode that is being tried out by admins is something along the lines of "Every head of staff except the captain is a hardmode traitor and they all share a single objective".

I don't think so? The one time i was a conspirator the only other conspirator was a secoff iirc. But there were also only 3 people in game so i may be wrong and it was just due to lowpop weirdness.

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Mordent - 03-31-2017

Non-heads can definitely be conspirators.

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Avack - 03-31-2017

Here's how it works:
Several crewmembers are essentially hardmode traitors who share an objective from a pool unique to conspiracy. They must work to together. Being a head of staff or not doesn't matter, I think. First time I saw it was on decent population and they were both scientists. Yesterday, it was the barman and a mechanic.

I'm not sure I'd be in favour of giving them traitor gear. It seems to very much be an RP-oriented gamemode, and I think if people work together they can be quite powerful without gear. But the thing I really would like to see is more objectives. I've seen the same objective three times now!

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Maegor - 03-31-2017

I think spy stickers are enough, they fit conspiracy without giving them much of an advantage.

Really want that absolute monarchy objective

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Cirrial - 04-01-2017

I was a staff assistant conspirator once. You're given an objective, your co-conspirators, and an initial meeting point. From that it's teamwork traitorous time. It's pretty fun. I don't think they need an uplink, though, just the sheer advantage of teamwork is already powerful enough. 

Part of the reason traitors get their traitor gear is go give them an upper hand as one person vs the rest of the crew, and conspirators who plan and work together well will not miss the absence of traitor gear. Even spy stickers seem a bit much -- why not just have one of the conspirators skulking around quietly reporting to their team? Much more conspiracy minded.

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - NateTheSquid - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 02:23 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Even spy stickers seem a bit much -- why not just have one of the conspirators skulking around quietly reporting to their team? Much more conspiracy minded.

cause spy stickers are fun when you set them all to public television and host a tv show about various members of the crew. especially the captain. hes always up to something fun

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - babayetu83 - 04-01-2017

conspiracy is only really fun if you have the good fortune to be implanted and then it turns into team deathmatch mode which is where the fun really comes from

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - amaranthineApocalypse - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 03:03 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: conspiracy is only really fun if you have the good fortune to be implanted and then it turns into team deathmatch mode which is where the fun really comes from

Wrong conspiracy mode

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Dr Zoidcrab - 04-01-2017

So it's like cult mode on other servers without the cult part?

RE: Potential Conspiracy Tweaks - Maegor - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 06:27 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: So it's like cult mode on other servers without the cult part?

No, the mode is hardmode traitor team basicly