Goonstation Forums
Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier (/showthread.php?tid=8482)

Pages: 1 2

Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - CoZardi - 03-27-2017

What the title says

For me it's ore click-dragging, the keyboard hotkeys (pretty much all of them), beaker click-dragging and what the light grenade does :P

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Salami Sam - 03-27-2017

The give emote is much nicer gesture than just chucking stuff at people.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Frank_Stein - 03-27-2017

That you can swap uniforms without dumping your pockets, belt, and ID slot. Played for years before I knew that.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Studenterhue - 03-27-2017

Just about everything that involves click-dragging. Click-dragging to enter vehicles, click-dragging to insert food into a produce satchel, click-dragging to dump out containers like boxes of donk pockets, list goes on .

Speaking of donk pockets, there's also that a lit match or lighter can heat cold donk pockets on the floor. So much easier than running back and forth and fiddling with microwaves.

And speaking of matches and lighters, I wished I knew of artifact testing using stun batons, power hammers, igniters, welders, etc. when I made my first forays into Scientist.

(03-27-2017, 04:14 PM)CoZardi Wrote: For me it's ore click-dragging, the keyboard hotkeys (pretty much all of them), beaker click-dragging and what the light grenade does :P

Good god yes. The Studenterhue the day they learned to pull with ctrl-click was not the same Studenterhue as before, ever again.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Vitatroll - 03-27-2017

It took me quite a while to learn about some things: Internals stop lungburn, level one grab to throw prone people, full hands make you float off in space, speechmode hotkeys like alt-w, and click drag beakers.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - NateTheSquid - 03-28-2017

(03-27-2017, 08:36 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: full hands make you float off in space

what. thats a thing? also fire supply closets have randomized contents but the lockers have random contents that spreads across all the lockers that round. basically if you want a gas mask and a locker doesnt have one, check the fire supply closets in the chapel and on the shuttles

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Vitatroll - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:52 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(03-27-2017, 08:36 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: full hands make you float off in space

what. thats a thing?
Yep. Can't 'hold on' to anything with your hands full.

Not the tips thread, but people don't seem to know: Most antags have been made compatible with custom hotkeys. Ctrl+Alt Click on an ability and press a number key to bind it to that number. Or something like that - it's been a while.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - ElectroBlueGuy - 03-28-2017

Toilets actually work as a container, just click on it while having something in your hand to chuck it in, to retrieve it clickdrag the toilet sprite onto yours, it will open a container menu, if you click on the toilet with empty hands it will flush it, deleting everything inside, even if the sprite of the item will remain its a graphical bug and you can't get it back

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Sov - 03-28-2017

That pills are actually sealed containers capable of internal reactions and are vulnerable to external heating

That all bibles share a single linked inter dimensional storage space

That theres a keyboard shortcut for pointing

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - ElectroBlueGuy - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 05:52 AM)Sov Wrote: That theres a keyboard shortcut for pointing
Wot is it?

never mind i found it

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - oblong - 03-28-2017

You can twirl your fake moustache by grabbing yourself! Took me years to figure that one out

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Superlagg - 03-28-2017

The soda part of soda bottle sprite turns completely transparent when they're emptied. This means you can quickly click-drag-fill containers from a stack of drink bottles on the ground by grabbing the soda part of the sprite.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - awfulworldkid - 03-28-2017

Not necessarily me, but that cargo carts / forklifts are nigh invincible and that you can *flip out of welded crates. Those two things together saved me from an otherwise highly robust ling a few rounds ago.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - elan_oots - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 10:34 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Not necessarily me, but that cargo carts / forklifts are nigh invincible and that you can *flip out of welded crates. Those two things together saved me from an otherwise highly robust ling a few rounds ago.

Heyyyy I remember that. If only I had known that I would've been quicker getting you where I was going.

RE: Small stuff you wish you had known earlier - Superlagg - 03-28-2017

That nobody falls for the ol fake-deathgasp-me-doo anymore, dammit.