Goonstation Forums
Mentor Application: Flourish - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Approved Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Mentor Application: Flourish (/showthread.php?tid=8396)

Pages: 1 2

Mentor Application: Flourish - Flourish - 03-12-2017

Usual Character Name: Roco Berry/Felicity Lim/Mona Euda
BYOND Username: Flourish
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: 8 PM - 12 AM EST weekdays, weekends

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I’ve been playing on Goonstation since early August, and I feel as though I’ve become fairly knowledgeable and experienced. You can usually find me on 1, though recently I’ve been venturing on 2, mostly in efforts to become a better member of security and also to take advantage of the lively atmosphere.

I can cook, clean, grow lifeweed (and basically everything else), balance the station budget, and give clowns a run for their money mildly annoying people (when I’m a test subject). I’m a skilled doctor (hyposprays are the best thing ever!) and I know how to operate surgery, genetics, and robotics all smoothly and efficiently (though, pathology kinda goes over my head). I’m a decent chemist (I know a lot of the medical chem recipes by heart and have a couple go-to fun mixes) and toxins scientist (while I can quickly make TTVs and also decimate the station with maxcaps, I don’t really have a super refined or elegant method) and I can research artifacts and operate telescience with ease. I can keep the engine steady - or hellburn - and I know my way around mining and processing ores. And while I’m not robust, I try to be a decent officer/detective.
The areas I enjoy the most, though, are MechComp and TermOS (and ThinkDOS to a lesser extent). I love all the cool projects you can make with MechComp, and have pretty good understanding of how all the components work and interact with other things. TermOS is also great, and I’ve scripted some small things and messed with the wired network a good amount. I also have some experience with the wireless network.

I’m applying for mentor because I love helping people get started. Teaching people about telescience or toxins or doctoring is honestly really fulfilling, especially when I get to see them stick around and grow as a player (and this really isn’t said in a patronizing way - it’s just a really nice feeling!). However, I know that - at least for me - sometimes it’s a bit difficult or kinda embarrassing to approach others and ask for help, especially when you feel like you should already know how to do something. Sometimes, a little bit of disconnect can help people feel more comfortable. So, like, rather than asking a fellow crewmember if you can fry Remy (and if so, how?!), you might feel like mentorhelping instead. And the thing is, maybe I was that fellow crewmember, and maybe I knew the answer. Being a mentor, I think, would just open up a bunch of opportunities to help out. Because, really, SS13 is a great game and it'd be great if people had (reasonably) agreeable experiences so that they’d continue playing. While there’s a lot I still have to learn, I feel like I have a reasonable enough grasp on everything so that I can also help others learn.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Burrito Justice - 03-12-2017

Monkey lady sees monkey lady does.
Sure, why not.

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Avack - 03-12-2017

Oh, definitely. Flourish is full of knowledge and I've seen her helping people very nicely. And been helped by her!

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Mordent - 03-12-2017

Firm yes from me.

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Maegor - 03-12-2017

Yes, Give the purple to the crazy monkey lady. It was with them i gained interest in playing mechanic

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - GEC - 03-12-2017

Yes, definitely give purple to the monkey lady. She deserves it

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - NateTheSquid - 03-12-2017

sure, you aren't shit

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - SageAcrin - 03-12-2017

I've generally had good, interesting experiences with you, in... outside of medicine generally not areas I mesh with much. And the monkey thing.

I think the most memorable occasion was you being one of the two sec officers/vigilantes/etc. that acted decently to me out of like... six or seven, along with a traitor mechanic, on a round where we both went in together on just printing gear.

(I ended up killing you, but that's because I was at the point where I'd had it, and you accidentally critted me due to someone else blowing up genetics and it having no air while you were cuffing me.)

Similarly seen you be solidsec enough times that you may at some point, once you feel comfy, want to apply for HoS. Regardless, seems good to me.

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - aft2001 - 03-13-2017

While annoying as [i]THAT FUCKING TEST SUBJECT I'M GONNA MURDER YOU, YOU MONKEY BASTARD[i]...*ahem*... While there's sometimes that (I have a naturally short temper anyways), you're a great player, especially on LLJK1. Excellent mechanic, good scientist, and overall good player. Competent, too. I vote yes!

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - elan_oots - 03-13-2017

Purple the annoying monkey, now!

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Vitatroll - 03-13-2017

She knows a lot and is a 'good egg'. In the very least I know she's good at conversing in game, which is pretty rare.

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Wraithcraft - 03-13-2017

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Very much yes. (Did I get my point across?)

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - The_Rain - 03-13-2017

One of my favorite monkers ever. Yup!

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - Hephasto - 03-14-2017

Competent and fun to be around. Purple the frog lady.

RE: Mentor Application: Flourish - fosstar - 03-15-2017

Purple now yee