Goonstation Forums
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! (/showthread.php?tid=8175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - misto - 03-13-2017

(03-12-2017, 10:05 PM)Roomba Wrote: I think part of the issue is that nearly all the suggested mobility options for moving crates/lockers etc. around are only really useful by QM - more specifically, for moving stuff from QM to other areas. The cargo pads are useful but the cargo transporter is rare outside QM, only QMs can really make use of the MULEbots, and trying to get to a spare forklift/cargo cart so you can surreptitiously cart a crate of monkey organs to a pod generally requires way more effort than just pulling it, particularly if someone is just riding around for fun. The only generally useful option is the byzantine belt hell, and at least half the time your crate will never get there because an explosion/a clown is blocking a critical juncture.

the cargo transporter and telepads really shit on most other methods of crate transport. if all other departments all had their own couple of cargo transporters and telepads thered be nearly no reason for the belts and mules to exist at all. forklifts might stlll be slightly useful for bringing stuff to somewhere specific away from a telepad

i always thought that part of the point of belt hell was that it was an old, dusty, disused, dangerous shithole of a place, hence the hobo camps and filth and etc.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Dr Zoidcrab - 03-14-2017

For me the biggest issue is combined slowdowns. Wearing just a jumpsuit at full health in a pressurised room the slowdowns are annoying, but in heavier outfits, with injuries, limb loss or low temperature those slowdowns stack. Now instead of being just a minor annoyance they can literally grind you to a halt, to the point of being worse than cold slowdown used to be and where you often have to leave someone behind to stop yourself suffocating or burning to death.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - NateTheSquid - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 12:36 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: For me the biggest issue is combined slowdowns. Wearing just a jumpsuit at full health in a pressurised room the slowdowns are annoying, but in heavier outfits, with injuries, limb loss or low temperature those slowdowns stack. Now instead of being just a minor annoyance they can literally grind you to a halt, to the point of being worse than cold slowdown used to be and where you often have to leave someone behind to stop yourself suffocating or burning to death.
wear heavy armour, with one arm, no legs. be in a vented area, in crit. good luck moving

but yes this is a huge problem

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Nnystyxx - 03-14-2017

The impracticality of being able to save anyone from a breach (drag slow + cold slow + invisible lack of air and shitty air alarms) makes the game far more lethal

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Ed Venture - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 03:28 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: The impracticality of being able to save anyone from a breach (drag slow + cold slow + invisible lack of air and shitty air alarms) makes the game far more lethal

For all the wrong reasons.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Superlagg - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 03:28 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: The impracticality of being able to save anyone from a breach (drag slow + cold slow + invisible lack of air and shitty air alarms) makes the game far more lethal

Throw 'em.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Noah Buttes - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 07:41 AM)Superlagg Wrote:

Throw 'em.

Throwing isn't always an option if your hands are full/occupied

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - misto - 03-14-2017

"just throw em" "just throw em" sounds liek weve got an overlooked exploit here. apply throw distance malus proportionate to drag+movement malus for full realism and to promote the use of portamedbays and huurrnk... hhguh

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Musketman12 - 03-14-2017

The only "positives" I have seen from this thread is reducing driveby kidnappings and actually making QM important because people can't just steal crates. What the hell was the point of this at all other than "realism" in a farty spaceman game where we beat up clowns. This change is entirely meaningless, changes a key feature in the game and no one asked for it.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - medsal15 - 03-14-2017

Allow us to throw crate and lockers. And remove the limit to where you can throw people to.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - UrsulaMejor - 03-14-2017

So I just tried to drag a floppy disk behind me irl instead of picking it up and it was actually pretty difficult to run while doing so.

I think some of the complaints about the delay for small items doesn't take into account that like, your character is dragging them with a foot or bending over or something. We'd think that was weird irl

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Noah Buttes - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 11:57 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: So I just tried to drag a floppy disk behind me irl instead of picking it up and it was actually pretty difficult to run while doing so.

I think some of the complaints about the delay for small items doesn't take into account that like, your character is dragging them with a foot or bending over or something. We'd think that was weird irl

Considering that you can pull stuff while both of your hands are full, I'd assume that there's some level of telekinesis/magnetism/locally manipulated gravity/science bullshit involved.

Realism really shouldn't even be a consideration here.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Sundance - 03-14-2017

You could easily hold 10-15 floppy disks in both hands.

Realism = Everything slowed by pulling = Stupid

Balancing = Niche "problem" items slowed by pulling = Smart.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Ed Venture - 03-14-2017

I think the majority of the community has voiced they don't think this change was a good one and want it reverted. We just have to see if our voices are heard since every coder has been silent on this since the thread picked up again.

RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - Frank_Stein - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 04:33 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I think the majority of the community has voiced they don't think this change was a good one and want it reverted. We just have to see if our voices are heard since every coder has been silent on this since the thread picked up again.

Your poll is pretty split, though.