Goonstation Forums
Ideas of questionable quality - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Ideas of questionable quality (/showthread.php?tid=8020)

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Wisecrack34 - 01-15-2018

Add mechs but only in VR for duals and racing, the codes are out there somewhere

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Wisecrack34 - 01-16-2018

Ooooo or being able to purchase traitor tokens for an absurdly large price, would make me actually use the space bucks
(or just able to buy those cosmetic things you get from medals)

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Captain Sheepy - 01-16-2018

Maybe there should be a little electricity sprite that surrounds a character when ever they're hit with a taser, instead of just making them shake.

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Wisecrack34 - 01-17-2018

Nerfing lings, if someone has a high enough armor against melee they can't be stung or the effects go away quicker, forcing lings to use their acid on them or otherwise, It's kinda stupid that a Sec in riot armor can be near stopped by a little pinch they don't even notice.

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Frank_Stein - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 02:28 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Nerfing lings, if someone has a high enough armor against melee they can't be stung or the effects go away quicker, forcing lings to use their acid on them or otherwise, It's kinda stupid that a Sec in riot armor can be near stopped by a little pinch they don't even notice.

You know, some kind of piercing damage aspect to armor might be a generally good idea. Not just to protect from stings, but also being stabbed or cut with screwdrivers, glass shards, knives etc

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Wisecrack34 - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 05:03 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 02:28 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Nerfing lings, if someone has a high enough armor against melee they can't be stung or the effects go away quicker, forcing lings to use their acid on them or otherwise, It's kinda stupid that a Sec in riot armor can be near stopped by a little pinch they don't even notice.

You know, some kind of piercing damage aspect to armor might be a generally good idea. Not just to protect from stings, but also being stabbed or cut with screwdrivers, glass shards, knives etc

Could make for a decent actual thread (speaking of actual threads I found that boxing gloves look freaking amazing on sec so I was gonna scrap my thread on sec gloves till Mordent went out of his way to work on the gloves for us)

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - LuigiThirty - 01-18-2018

(01-17-2018, 05:03 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Bulletproof vests don't provide protection against stabbing weapons. Having a tradeoff between bulletproof armor and stab proof armor would be interesting for both security and bad guys.

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Vitatroll - 01-18-2018

bears on unicycles

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - ProfessorHugedix - 01-18-2018

i noticed you cant add cocktail umbrellas to skull chalices. i think you should be able to. barbarians warlords deserve fancy drinks too

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Wisecrack34 - 01-19-2018

(01-18-2018, 06:09 PM)ProfessorHugedix Wrote: i noticed you cant add cocktail umbrellas to skull chalices. i think you should be able to. barbarians warlords deserve fancy drinks too

+1

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - warcrimes - 01-19-2018

(01-18-2018, 06:09 PM)ProfessorHugedix Wrote: i noticed you cant add cocktail umbrellas to skull chalices. i think you should be able to. barbarians warlords deserve fancy drinks too

this goes in bug reports under [CRITICAL]

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - TheOnlyRyan - 01-19-2018

MAKE ; HOTKEY TO SAY ;

FOR QUICK RADIO CHATTERING big grin

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Wisecrack34 - 01-19-2018

(01-19-2018, 10:14 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: MAKE ; HOTKEY TO SAY ;  

Make this a proper thread, this is a place for unbalanced or near bad ideas

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - Frank_Stein - 01-19-2018

(01-19-2018, 10:56 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 10:14 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: MAKE ; HOTKEY TO SAY ;  

Make this a proper thread, this is a place for unbalanced or near bad ideas

Not just that, also ideas that radically go against current game mechanics

RE: Ideas of questionable quality - TheOnlyRyan - 01-19-2018

Fine I will, but when someone complains I'm making too many suggestion threads I'm holding you both accountable.