Goonstation Forums
What makes a good station/ship? - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mapping (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: What makes a good station/ship? (/showthread.php?tid=8009)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - HydroFloric - 05-18-2017

If it was called a owlery instead would it still be a aviary?

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - Noah Buttes - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 04:40 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: If it was called a owlery instead would it still be a aviary?

Yes.

You can't just through other birds in the mix with the owls!

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - Arborinus - 05-18-2017

Personally I believe the PTL should cut through Genetics.

[Image: LlQzynp.png]

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - Frank_Stein - 05-18-2017

Oh god I can only imagine

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - misto - 05-18-2017

good proximity of frequently co-operating departments with each other, windows to look thru into depts to see if mischief is happening.

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - CaptainBravo - 05-18-2017

the entire station not snitching on you with its snitch echos

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - ferriswheel1 - 05-19-2017

Some degree of security for departments. I hate playing QM on cog2 largely because the whole area is pretty much open to anyone who knows the "slide under flaps" trick.

RE: What makes a good map a good map? - Maegor - 05-19-2017

Airbridges that can completely cut off a section of the ship for people without access to spacesuits and Maintenance that can not be blocked by leaving a crate in there (looking at you destiny).

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - ZeWaka - 05-19-2017

merged the exact same thread because y'all r dum

also read my post on the first page

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - misto - 05-19-2017

maegor did u know about crate scooting. clickdrag yourself onto a crate to scoot onto it

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - ferriswheel1 - 05-19-2017

A good ship  should have obvious differences from a station. I don't like how the Destiny's bridge in smack-bang in the middle of the ship, and I feel like some of the job names and uniforms could be changed to reflect that you're on a space vessel, not a station.

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - Maegor - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 08:57 AM)misto Wrote: maegor did u know about crate scooting. clickdrag yourself onto a crate to scoot onto it

The crate the first thing to come to my mind, artifacts, a piece of the engine or whatever can completely block the hallway

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - Frank_Stein - 05-19-2017

I dunno, I kinda like cramped tunnels. Helps get across the idea that they are inherently dangerous shortcuts to take. Maybe two wide should be the standard, but bits here and there that are only one tile wide are good for choke points for ambushes

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - misto - 05-20-2017

maybe scooting could be applied to other objects rather than just crates. something 2 think about

RE: What makes a good station/ship? - Dr Zoidcrab - 05-20-2017

Neat shortcuts and secrets, and ways to get about like cog1 has. Cog2 is a great map but I think the lack of shotcuts, and restricting access to the catwalks and the center of the station to those with maintenance and airlock access really hurts it. imo it would be better if the maintenance around robotics, mechanics, the pool and crew quarters were hallways and the catwalks accessible to anyone.