Goonstation Forums
Brain assemblies? - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Brain assemblies? (/showthread.php?tid=7928)

Pages: 1 2

Brain assemblies? - aft2001 - 01-11-2017

I was poking around the "Wish you were here" thread with pictures of the game, and I saw what was a brain in a toolbox with some wires and sensors.

Was that an actual thing? If so it needs to be brought back because I've never seen it. 

It could function as a REALLY shitty AI, with really just camera access, low battery, can be picked up, and can't interact with that much. And can break easily.

RE: Brain assemblies? - Burrito Justice - 01-11-2017

You probably saw a Neural Processor, which is what the AI's brain looks like

RE: Brain assemblies? - aft2001 - 01-11-2017

(01-11-2017, 08:21 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: You probably saw a Neural Processor, which is what the AI's brain looks like

No no no, it was a toolbox. With a brain. And wires. It wasn't the net processor. That's basically a grey brain.

TOOLBOX!

RE: Brain assemblies? - Sundance - 01-11-2017

You indeed saw a brain assembly. The concept of a brainbot was bounced around a while back, it was meant to be a rushed somewhat cruel stopover for being a borg, although my original concept involved a simple process of brains in jars, not too sure why it got turned into a complex assembly involving toolboxes

RE: Brain assemblies? - Vitatroll - 01-11-2017

I also remember it as some sort of odd canbomb addition. I'm not sure whether that was a joke, or if 'walking' canbombs were going to be a thing.

RE: Brain assemblies? - Gannets - 01-11-2017

That was a thing definitely SpyGuy and not anybody else was messing with on Cog1. I don't think it ever turned in to anything you can get in-game without admin assistance.

Assembling 'em is a fun little puzzle though!

Could it be added? It's fitting for the mad roboticist. Also possibly with an option of replacing the toolbox with a butt.

RE: Brain assemblies? - misto - 01-11-2017

i usually just make a limbless lightborg if i want to punish someone

(01-11-2017, 10:31 AM)misto Wrote: i usually just make a limbless lightborg if i want to punish someone

Yes but being confined to a toolbox with minimal vision and having only horrified screams reminiscent of a cluwne is worse. Basically the borging equivalent of a cluwne.

ah but you see, a limbless borg might hold out some hope of being given limbs eventually, and thus continue their suffering as they shuffle about, while a creature such as you describe would have much less hope, and thus would give up on life or log out

RE: Brain assemblies? - Frank_Stein - 01-11-2017

(01-11-2017, 08:31 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I also remember it as some sort of odd canbomb addition. I'm not sure whether that was a joke, or if 'walking' canbombs were going to be a thing.

Oh god. What if brains were part of bomb assemblies? You kill someone, attach their brain to a bomb, then give them orders about when they are supposed to detonate themselves

(01-11-2017, 11:01 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 08:31 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I also remember it as some sort of odd canbomb addition. I'm not sure whether that was a joke, or if 'walking' canbombs were going to be a thing.

Oh god. What if brains were part of bomb assemblies? You kill someone, attach their brain to a bomb, then give them orders about when they are supposed to detonate themselves

And they MUST follow the orders, according to server rules. Also like, announcing riddles about how to defuse the bomb, or wordgames which, if answered CORRECTLY, disables the bomb. If not answered correctly, kaboom. Also, it rewards you for murdering someone, since you can use them as a safety mechanism to detonate if needed.

leaving detonation of your bomb to someone who may need to log off or take break may not be such a hot idea but you do you

RE: Brain assemblies? - Vitatroll - 01-11-2017

Pub Beetears: Why didn't my bomb go off!?
Bob Vious: It had to take a piss.
Pub Beetears: GODDAMNIT AGAIN!?!??!??11
space bear

I liiked the mobile idea the best, where you basically slap a brain assembly and some treads onto a canbomb and say 'Go there and explode' or 'Explode if/when...'. It'd still be iffy because humans have better things to do than wait 30 in one spot for your cue.

(01-11-2017, 02:40 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Pub Beetears: Why didn't my bomb go off!?
Bob Vious: It had to take a piss.
Pub Beetears: GODDAMNIT AGAIN!?!??!??11
space bear

I liiked the mobile idea the best, where you basically slap a brain assembly and some treads onto a canbomb and say 'Go there and explode' or 'Explode if/when...'. It'd still be iffy because humans have better things to do than wait 30 in one spot for your cue.

Maybe their brains decay after a set amount of time? Like, after 5 minutes their brain goes bad and they dead forever (unless cloned. AFTER death)