Goonstation Forums
Disable blob for lowpop - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Disable blob for lowpop (/showthread.php?tid=7078)

Pages: 1 2

Disable blob for lowpop - Camnui - 09-22-2016

This has been brought up before, but i'm doing it again because It's still an issue, blob is just an unfun round type for lowpop rounds, there's not much a small crew can do about an even mildly competent blob, meaning the station is screwed when one shows up, and suddenly the round is over before it's begun.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Nnystyxx - 09-22-2016

yes basically
blob is one of the "fuck you you're doomed" gametypes for lowpop
nuke is up there kinda

edit: plus people like being on lowpop cause it gives them more room to learn and experiment, which isn't possible in a blob round because it's over fast
need i remind the whole BLOBS STARTING IN SPACE thing where they are almost guaranteed to not be found, much less by a skeleton crew

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Admiral jimbob - 09-22-2016

yeah I wandered in earlier on to a round with 12 people and two blobs, laughed and logged off

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - atomic1fire - 09-22-2016

Maybe replace blob and nuke on lowpop with a far more fun game mode that works with tiny amounts of people.

If there was a way to change the server map into something smaller but still with some hiding spaces on lowpop I kinda wanna see waldo happen.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Superlagg - 09-22-2016

Just have lowpop rounds extended until enough people show up, then turn someone into an omnitraitor.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Frank_Stein - 09-22-2016

Has anyone played the party game Werewolf? How about a version of that with real werewolves.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - ferriswheel1 - 09-23-2016

(09-22-2016, 07:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Has anyone played the party game Werewolf? How about a version of that with real werewolves.

I have and YES YES YES YES. 

Werewolves are the perfect antag for lowpop, being fairly robust, but not able to stand up to a united or armed effort. And unlike changelings, the crew actually gets a warning if werewolves are roaming about, what with all the howling and such.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Wire - 09-23-2016

+1 for the initial suggestion of limiting blob rounds to a certain playercount.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Sundance - 09-23-2016

Some simple math:
#players <10 = No blob
#players 10<25 = 1 blob
#players >25 = 2 blobs
No number of players should justify 3 blobs unless admin intervention.
2 blobs on 12 player round is asinine.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - atamusvaleo - 09-23-2016

Exactly 30 players and you get 29 blobs, one crew member.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Roomba - 10-10-2016

A blob round started a while ago with seven people on. That meant that excluding the AI there were two blobs against four people, and two of those people immediately went braindead upon realizing it was a blob round. Please address this.

E: also the blobs triggered an auto-shuttle call the second they actually ate anyone.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Boa Jacque - 10-10-2016

+1 for removing blob from >15 player rounds

I also liked the werewolf suggestion. Werewolves are the rarest antag, aside from the grinch.
They are fairly unrobust, especially against a large crew, and most players haven't ever experienced being a werewolf.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Roomba - 10-22-2016

There was another blob round with two blobs vs three people. At the very least, remove the two-blob minimum for lowpop.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - YoukCat - 10-22-2016

I ate three people though...

There were more than three, I remember eating the Captain, some random person attacking in Maintenance, and two people in Escape, one of which being Discount Dan and one of which being AFK.
And I never even got the person in the pod.

But yeah, we need to make Blobs disabled for low pop or something.

RE: Disable blob for lowpop - Roomba - 10-22-2016

Couple of those guys joined after roundstart.