Goonstation Forums
[FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Patches (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Implemented (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Pages: 1 2

[FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Mordent - 08-16-2016

NOTE

The below is out of date. Please check this post for the current status.

Effect(s)
  • Adds the ability to hit a rubber stamp with an ID to give it its "assignment" (e.g. "Geneticist", "Scientist", "Batman", "Lord of Darkness").
  • Rubber stamps now include their assignment when added to paper: This paper has been stamped with a Clown's rubber stamp.
  • If no assignment has been given to the rubber stamp it simply says: This paper has been stamped with a rubber stamp.
  • Adds un-reassignable stamps in department head's offices (added to both Cogmap2 and Destiny), with unique coloration and fixed as the relevant assignment (Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Medical Director, Research Director).
Testing
Code
Thoughts/Suggestions
  • I'm torn on whether to make standard rubber stamps un-reassignable once assigned or not. I can see arguments for both sides. Happy to take suggestions.

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Frank_Stein - 08-16-2016

I'd say make them unreassignable but make getting more stamps from a manufacturer easy enough. Does it also do names or just the job assigned to the ID?

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Nnystyxx - 08-16-2016

make them only reassignable after a splash of acetone since it seems to be the goto sticker remover
edit: other than that id be fucking DELIGHTED if this was merged, stamps are useless atm but this seems like a great way to implement it
maybe it'll make people use the mail chutes more

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Mordent - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 06:56 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd say make them unreassignable but make getting more stamps from a manufacturer easy enough. Does it also do names or just the job assigned to the ID?

Just the job. There's no reason it couldn't do the name as well, but I figured this gave sufficient ambiguity and still reason for the whole sign thing.

(08-16-2016, 07:10 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: make them only reassignable after a splash of acetone since it seems to be the goto sticker remover

Fair call. I need to get my head around the chemistry code, so we'll see how that goes.

I'll combine both of these ideas: make them manufacturable in General Fabricators, un-reassignable, but able to be "wiped" with acetone. Hold off merging until I've made these changes. I'm getting married today, so yeah... this isn't going to be updated until probably the weekend.

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Grek - 08-16-2016

One more thing that would be useful is a time stamp.

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Nnystyxx - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 10:15 PM)Grek Wrote: One more thing that would be useful is a time stamp.

actually yes I agree with this quite a lot, for printing the shift time
I like the whole "X role and role only" thing though, it's just a stamp and it enforces some actual order and chain of command to know "hey these people want you to do X"

we can file requests for stuff

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - atamusvaleo - 08-17-2016

Very exciting to see the rubber stamps get some love. Also. Congratulations on the marraige. I tied the knot earlier this year as well.
citizen slang bro

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Mageziya - 08-17-2016

Behold, the introduction of paperwork to goon! Realistically, most people won't make use of the stamps, simply because it requires going out of the way. Spessman psychology is to take the path of least resistance.

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Noah Buttes - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 12:24 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Behold, the introduction of paperwork to goon! Realistically, most people won't make use of the stamps, simply because it requires going out of the way. Spessman psychology is to take the path of least resistance.

I will use the shit out of them.

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Nnystyxx - 08-17-2016

I will use them obsessively in order to lend some level of credence to what I do and also I will mail chemistry orders from the RD to disperse fartonium smoke in the halls "for science purposes"

EDIT: Wish I had proper envelopes for my "send your letters to the captain" gimmick

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Gannets - 08-17-2016

Stamps! Yeah!

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Nnystyxx - 08-17-2016

Whatever happened to those pencils & sharpeners and stuff anyway

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - atamusvaleo - 08-19-2016

Yeah, I use stamps mearly every round as a head, whenever someone bothers to ask for permission to do something or as a doctor writing morphine prescriptions to addicts.

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Mordent - 08-30-2016

Updated changes here, leaving original post for posterity.

Effect(s)
  • Adds the ability to hit a rubber stamp with an ID to give it its "assignment" (e.g. "Geneticist", "Scientist", "Batman", "Lord of Darkness").
  • Application of acetone can unassign standard rubber stamps. My knowledge of the chemistry code is non-robust, so it works if you splash acetone on it but there may be other applications people want (droppers?).
  • Rubber stamps now have different modes (changeable by clicking the stamp while it's in your active hand):
    • Approved: [APPROVED], or [APPROVED (Botanist)]
    • Rejected: [REJECTED], or [REJECTED (Head of Security)]
    • Void: [VOID]
    • X: [X]
    • Current Time: [SHIFT TIME: 0:12:34] (in hours:minutes:seconds since shift start)
  • Can now stamp specific fields in paper forms (e.g. "Stamp here: ______") in the same way you would use a pen (confirmation dialogue, I'm not convinced this is needed).
  • Adds un-reassignable stamps in department head's offices (added to both Cogmap2 and Destiny), with unique coloration and fixed as the relevant assignment (Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Medical Director, Research Director).
  • Adds unassigned stamps in office supply closets.
  • Bonus HONK features.

Testing

Code

Thoughts/Suggestions
  • Does stamping a field need a confirmation?

RE: [FEATURE] Mildly Useful Rubber Stamps - Nnystyxx - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 12:15 PM)Mordent Wrote: Updated changes here, leaving original post for posterity.

Effect(s)
  • Application of acetone can unassign standard rubber stamps. My knowledge of the chemistry code is non-robust, so it works if you splash acetone on it but there may be other applications people want (droppers?).
  • Rubber stamps now have different modes (changeable by clicking the stamp while it's in your active hand):
    • Approved: [APPROVED], or [APPROVED (Botanist)]
    • Rejected: [REJECTED], or [REJECTED (Head of Security)]
    • Void: [VOID]
    • X: [X]
    • Current Time: [SHIFT TIME: 0:12:34] (in hours:minutes:seconds since shift start)
  • Can now stamp specific fields in paper forms (e.g. "Stamp here: ______") in the same way you would use a pen (confirmation dialogue, I'm not convinced this is needed).
  • Bonus HONK features.

Testing

Code

Oh this is delightful, actually. Specific fields, stamp modes, holy shit. This is actually extremely nice.

codermins pls merge this immediately so I can be a horrible bureaucrat

EDIT: Where are (unassigned) stamps, anyway? Are they in the office supply closets?