Goonstation Forums
Geneticist traitor item - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Geneticist traitor item (/showthread.php?tid=6198)

Pages: 1 2

Geneticist traitor item - bigfatbananacyclops - 04-02-2016

A genetic mutation, very rare, named ''Anti neuromuscular incapation'' that makes you get inmunity to being tased and stunned, even tho there is already SMES human, but just adding stun so you dont have to search for smes human, but the cool thing is that you cant get tased, basicly if a geneticist just gets thermal resist, this genetic anti tasing mutation, smes human and sunglasses, welp, he is powerful now, but you have to beat him to death basicly, you have to punch him and punch him, you can still kill him with lasers and wave guns, or energy guns, because he still takes lethal and brute damage.

Geneticist has no specific traitor item, so i thought this Anti neuromuscular incapation mutation, would be good enough for a person, basicly to avoid getting tased.

QUESTIONS.

Why did i call it Anti neuromuscular incapation?
Because when you get tased you basicly get a neuromuscular incapation, which doesnt let you to stand up or move correctly, and with the Anti, well you get it.

Woah no! but the geneticist will get even more other genes like thermal resist so how will we kill him?
Its obvius, you can beat him to death with a meele or fists, or you can shoot him with a energy gun with the laser mode, or a phaser gun or flamethrower or darts who knows!.

How much will this specific job traitor item cost?
It could be like 2 or 3 telecrystals, you can change it if you want.

What if i try to laser him but he has a taser!
eh this question is really easy to answer... dodge the tasing? or try burning him with a flame thrower.

Give your opinions or more idea to add down here!

RE: Geneticist traitor item - cyberTripping - 04-02-2016

The problem with this is that geneticist traitors get their power from being good at what they do, and just doing what's expected of them. They aren't your usual run n' gun type traitor. Giving them something they can layer onto their already absurdly mutated form to make them even more powerful doesn't seem like a good idea, they already get so much passive defense naturally. I propose an offensive weapon that pairs well with them, well, doing their damn job, fitting this whole idea.

"X-Ray gun"
Costs about 8 TC (unsure?) and works as follows.
- Load the gun with ANY DNA injector, with a max storage space of 6 (could use numbers change, unsure again)
- Firing the gun fires a projectile towards the enemy, firing the stored injectors in a FIFO order.
- being hit with an injector injects the gene into you, obviously.

Enjoy injecting people with radiation or reinforced mutagenic field before hiding away to watch the chaos, blasting someone with deafness or blindness in the midst of a firefight, or simply turning the crew to monkeys with primal genetics as you twirl your fake mustache.

Added bonus: makes VISOR goggles and auditory headsets actually useful

RE: Geneticist traitor item - medsal15 - 04-03-2016

(04-02-2016, 11:15 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: "X-Ray gun"
- Load the gun with ANY DNA injector, with a max storage space of 6 (could use numbers change, unsure again)
- Firing the gun fires a projectile towards the enemy, firing the stored injectors in a FIFO order.

Oh my god yes.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - Camnui - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 01:38 AM)medsal15 Wrote:

Oh my god yes.

double shot of blindness and gyrus suspension and suddenly the target is completely helpless. that's... slightly terrifying.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - medsal15 - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 04:36 AM)Camnui Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 01:38 AM)medsal15 Wrote:

Oh my god yes.

double shot of blindness and gyrus suspension and suddenly the target is completely helpless. that's... slightly terrifying.

Add signal motor enhancement and you kill without even touching your victim!
Add deafness to make this person unable to have his own questions answered!

RE: Geneticist traitor item - VictorMAngoStein - 04-03-2016

Geneticists need the devolution gun from the super mario bros movie

RE: Geneticist traitor item - babayetu83 - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 06:07 AM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote: Geneticists need the devolution gun from the super mario bros movie

but what happens if you deevolve a monkey?

RE: Geneticist traitor item - Vitatroll - 04-03-2016

(04-02-2016, 10:20 PM)bigfatbananacyclops Wrote: Geneticist has no specific traitor item, so i thought this Anti neuromuscular incapation mutation, would be good enough for a person, basicly to avoid getting tased.

Geneticists have a very specific traitor item: speed injectors. Those screwdrivers that allow you to make somebody permablind or make them constantly mutate to death with a single click.

A good geneticist can already be OP. They're already laser immune, stun immune (more or less), invisible (sorta nerfed now?), immune to poisons (puke, other things), autohealing, have no need for air or spacesuit, capable of seeing all, going practically anywhere, and are armed with terrible genetic weapons.

I'm not one of the 'hate genetics' guys. I do find it fun to make a station full of projecting-puking people. I just don't think they need anything else , especially after we just got off them basically having a perma-cloak at no cost.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - Roomba - 04-03-2016

Genetics also has quite the anti-sec toolset - certainly more so than any other job. SMES Human already functionally immunizes them to stunbatons and tasers, Adrenaline Rush allows them to recover from any other sort of stunning, and they can teleport away whenever they're locked in a room.

Please nerf genetics.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 04-03-2016

Can't you just load mutadone into the tranq rifle?

RE: Geneticist traitor item - Roomba - 04-03-2016

There are two tranq rifles, one in the armory and one in the MD's locker. I have never, ever seen the former used and the latter depends on the MD being helpful - a rarity, especially considering the MD is the one causing trouble 90% of the time because the only people who play MD nowadays do it so they can kick the geneticists out of genetics to hog it with impunity.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 04-03-2016

Well then clearly we need a mutadone injector baton or something security can order from QM. That should be a thing anyway. Sec needs fun things too.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - Noah Buttes - 04-04-2016

The thing about all those powers is that they take time and/or luck to acquire.

It's like pathology, only not to that extreme.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - Roomba - 04-04-2016

If just about every traitorous geneticist (by which I mean anyone who uses genetics) manages to get that exact power set - or at the very least adrenaline rush + smes - within the first twenty minutes, I do not think it requires all that much time and/or luck.

RE: Geneticist traitor item - cyberTripping - 04-04-2016

Yeah, as someone who enjoys playing genetics when I roll it, it's really not that hard to get a really good set. In my experience you can get a lot of good shit immediately, but due to the random nature of it you'll have a little trouble getting that one last thing to make you a god (fuck you fire resistance.) Still, super easy. Get a lot of good things in your monkeys using activators to get mats and chromosomes, rush for injectors, become superman.

I feel like it would be better if my gun suggestion had way more limited ammunition storage on second thought, maybe 2 or 3, forcing the geneticist to either keep ammo on him and reload in the middle of the firefight, or have to go back to produce more. 6 is way too much in hindsight. With a combination of having to actually HIT the target and keep the damn thing loaded, and the high price, it should be fairly balanced.