Goonstation Forums
Hotkey for using items on self - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Hotkey for using items on self (/showthread.php?tid=5974)

Hotkey for using items on self - Xavieri - 02-24-2016

A thing that has been bothering me for a while now is that there is no way for spacemen to use items on themselves if they cannot see their own sprite, be it when inside lockers, pods, bushes or other things of that nature.

So, a simple fix would be to add this function to a hotkey. Pressing it would be basically the same as clicking on your sprite with your active hand. No more jumping into the void of space to slap patches in my face.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - atamusvaleo - 02-24-2016

I like it. This would be incredibly useful.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - robertGN - 02-28-2016

I won't let this good idea die in the endless ocean of suggestions.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - Frank_Stein - 02-28-2016

This would also help a lot with digging through your inventory, since if you use the click drag method to get into boxes inside your backpack, you can't drag to yourself inside a locker.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - Vitatroll - 02-28-2016

Strap a bunch of people into chairs and set up a cloaking field -- best prison ever!

I guess that's beside this point. Yes. Applying things on yourself would be nice. A hotkey, a verb, a player substitute icon; anything would be nice.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - Grek - 02-29-2016

This would make blindness a lot less dangerous. Which is probably a good thing.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - Ed Venture - 02-29-2016

Agreed this would be a amazing change.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - TheNewTeddy - 02-29-2016

I want more hotkeys in general. I want to be able to play an entire round without ever touching the mouse.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - mbc - 02-29-2016

this would be cool!

my suggestion for the implementation: click your health indicator icon to use something on yourself

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - somepotato - 03-01-2016

And mine: modifier key for using the item (ctrl/shift/alt + c/pagedown)

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - Xavieri - 03-01-2016

I was thinking about how this could be best implemented before I made this suggestion and I found a few problems with it if it was a substitute icon or something like that. Namely problems arise with click-dragging, as you could possibly escape from lockers/crates/things with this even if they were welded shut. Not like you cannot do that as it is, it just requires more finesse.

Also there's the thing with accidentally hitting yourself with a cyalume saber or such, so the hotkey shouldn't be something you can easily misclick. I rather like somepotato's suggestion on this matter.

RE: Hotkey for using items on self - robertGN - 03-01-2016

(02-29-2016, 11:57 PM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: My suggestion for the implementation: click your health indicator icon to use something on yourself

I believe this is the best way to implement this, in my opinion. The likelihood that you click this icon, even when firing a gun, is really low. How often do you have firefights with people on the corners of your screen?