Goonstation Forums
Frankenstein slab - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Frankenstein slab (/showthread.php?tid=5466)

Pages: 1 2

Frankenstein slab - Dabir - 09-25-2015

Tossed this around a while ago, it got lost somewhere in the cloning thread. Essentially: (remove cloning and replace it with) a slab in Robotics storage with a lever. Put a dead body on the slab, throw the lever and if the engine output is right, bring that body to life! If it's too high, you get a burning or vapourised body. Too low and they just jerk around a little like you tried to defib them.

I made a shitty half-done sprite based on the slab from Bride of Frankenstein.
[Image: frankenstein%20slab.png]

Where I'm going with my ideas is I'd like to see cloning removed, maybe Genetics moved to Research, then Robotics get to be the mad scientist resurrection men/cyber-augmenters (see here). Bing bang bosh, death is no longer cheap, Genetics can work in relative peace and quiet (next to the mad bombers, random button-pushers, kleptomaniac teleporters and chemists), Roboticists have lots of stuff to do and we have another reason to get mad at engineers who don't do their jobs.

Re: Frankenstein slab - Ed Venture - 09-25-2015

I'm for sure not 100% on removing cloning but if I could be turned into some frankenstein monster thing I would totally pick that over cloning anyday

Re: Frankenstein slab - atomic1fire - 09-25-2015

Might be cool if the Frankenstein monsters were more like golems.

e.g unable to speak and mostly just there to be commanded by the crew.

Basically undead servents so the crew can spend station resources to boss someone else around and not do their jobs.

Re: Frankenstein slab - medsal15 - 09-25-2015

More or less health than normal crew?

Re: Frankenstein slab - Ed Venture - 09-25-2015

medsal15 Wrote:More or less health than normal crew?
I'd say depending on how well you were put back together. Get good parts, get slight advantage. Get Bad parts, get a disadvantage. Or a mixed bag from both.

Re: Frankenstein slab - babayetu83 - 09-25-2015

please yes

Re: Frankenstein slab - robertGN - 09-27-2015

I don't think removing cloning is a good idea. But I do like the idea of this being a Halloween thing.

Re: Frankenstein slab - salix_catus - 09-28-2015

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5184

I suggested something similar to this before.
Frankenscience would be FUN.

Step 1: put the parts together
Step 2: add strange reagent
Step 3:marvel at your horrific creation.
Not to replace cloning.
Providing an alternative to, yes.
You could....
Create a 4 legged monkey headed human.
Create a head on wheels.
put a brain in somebodies chest.
Give somebody a bike horn for a mouth
Give a monkey wendigo arms and head.

Re: Frankenstein slab - medsal15 - 09-28-2015

salix_catus Wrote:http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5184

I suggested something similar to this before.
Frankenscience would be FUN.

Step 1: put the parts together
Step 2: add strange reagent
Step 3:marvel at your horrific creation.
Not to replace cloning.
Providing an alternative to, yes.
You could....
Create a 4 legged monkey headed human.
Create a head on wheels.
put a brain in somebodies chest.
Give somebody a bike horn for a mouth
Give a monkey wendigo arms and head.
APARTHEID Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:[Image: bEsRDrH.png]

oh fuck no!

Re: Frankenstein slab - 69andahalf - 09-28-2015

frown

Marquesas Wrote:Great idea, however good luck finding a coder willing to work this. This is deep into gun-in-mouth territory.

I absolutely love the concept art, though.
Spy_Guy Wrote:A change like this would require an almost complete rewrite of a significant amount of core functionality. With all the fun, regressions and associated horrors that come with that prospect.

I don't foresee this being a thing anytime soon. (at least for the previous two posts)

Re: Frankenstein slab - Ed Venture - 09-28-2015

RIP

Re: Frankenstein slab - salix_catus - 09-28-2015

69andahalf Wrote:frown

Marquesas Wrote:Great idea, however good luck finding a coder willing to work this. This is deep into gun-in-mouth territory.

I absolutely love the concept art, though.
Spy_Guy Wrote:A change like this would require an almost complete rewrite of a significant amount of core functionality. With all the fun, regressions and associated horrors that come with that prospect.

I don't foresee this being a thing anytime soon. (at least for the previous two posts)
Yeah but Instead of rewriting core functionality, why not just assign all frankenscience creations as a new class of mob?

Re: Frankenstein slab - Mageziya - 09-28-2015

salix_catus Wrote:Yeah but Instead of rewriting core functionality, why not just assign all frankenscience creations as a new class of mob?

Judging from how.... terrible critter mobs are/were years, and how the best solution for fixing their badness is to change them to the same system that humans and monkeys use all suggests to me that making a new mob class is even deeper into gun-in-mouth territory than rewriting everything is.

Re: Frankenstein slab - A_Spoony_Bard - 09-30-2015

Would it be feasible to have Frankenstein'd creatures just be humans with Raj/Monkey AI, but have them utilize the limb system to have exchangeable parts? For that matter, does the limbs system allow for replacement heads and torsos, even?

Re: Frankenstein slab - A4Brogan - 10-04-2015

The Players: get in not go out
The Coders: I have no idea...