Goonstation Forums
Make your own vending machines! - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Make your own vending machines! (/showthread.php?tid=5408)

Pages: 1 2

Make your own vending machines! - BaneOfGiygas - 09-12-2015

A fun thought that came to mind while taking a survey of the precise contents of the various on-station vending machines: What if there was a vending machine frame that could be created, assembled, stuffed with whatever merchandise you wish to sell, and configured for whatever prices you want to sell said merchandise for? It gives space-faring entrepreneurs an alternate route for peddling their wares, and it also gives the added security of not getting robbed for whatever you're trying to sell, a common difficulty most traders face.

Object-hurling functionality could be included as well, possibly through the use of an emag or some such. Make a vending machine in a populated area, fill with rainbow melons, set to launch, run away, and watch as hilarity ensues.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Zadeon - 09-12-2015

This has been suggested so many times I don't see how it hasn't been put in game.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Carlarc - 09-12-2015

First ID card/PDA scanned lets it open the vending machine deposit to grab the Hope u got 10 bux
Great idea!

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Waffles64 - 09-14-2015

Carlarc Wrote:First ID card/PDA scanned lets it open the vending machine deposit to grab the Hope u got 10 bux
Great idea!

Why not just have the money automatically deposit itself into your bank account when you sell something? Like with merchants.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Rob Stark - 09-14-2015

I would totally buy a surplus amount of stuff from your vending machine...for no reason at all.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Nnystyxx - 09-14-2015

Yes perfect let's do it. Floorpill vending machines, stealing all the tools and selling them, meal vendors, etc.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - robertGN - 09-14-2015

Robert's Deadly Weapon Emporium!

STOCK:
Home-Made bomb - 5
Zip gun with explosive rounds - 3
Get-out-of-jail-free implant - 1
Instant Death beaker - 10
FLOORPILLâ„¢ - 3

I really want to start a automated deadly weapon emporium. Sounds fun.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - pizzatiger - 09-14-2015

i once made an automatic fast food stand where a person inserted money into the money module which caused some 100% safe and digistable chemicals -Medical vending machine stuff- too be launched into a tube system which magically turned those syringes filled with god knows what into tasty tasty nuggets with only a small chance of puncturing your insides!

Sadly no one really wanted to buy any of my nuggets so it went to waste, damn thing took me a while to completly figure out too.....

Re: Make your own vending machines! - pizzatiger - 09-14-2015

i once made an automatic fast food stand where a person inserted money into the money module which caused some 100% safe and digistable chemicals -Medical vending machine stuff- too be launched into a tube system which magically turned those syringes filled with god knows what into tasty tasty nuggets with only a small chance of puncturing your insides!

Sadly no one really wanted to buy any of my nuggets so it went to waste, damn thing took me a while to completly figure out too.....

Re: Make your own vending machines! - BaneOfGiygas - 09-14-2015

pizzatiger Wrote:i once made an automatic fast food stand where a person inserted money into the money module which caused some 100% safe and digistable chemicals -Medical vending machine stuff- too be launched into a tube system which magically turned those syringes filled with god knows what into tasty tasty nuggets with only a small chance of puncturing your insides!

Yeah, I know that this kind of stuff is technically already possible through MechComp magic, but MechComp is pretty confusing for people who haven't used it before and also requires access to the mechanics lab in the first place. This system is designed with the idea of being accessible to most, if not all station members, in the hopes that the accessibility makes them more frequently utilized.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Vitatroll - 09-14-2015

I've always wanted a personalized vendor. It's one of those things that has been brought up a lot but never made. Having a sheet-built frame would probably be the most easily accessible and widely used. You'd still have to worry about a jerk knocking it over though, I guess. But hey, goes with the territory.

Re: Make your own vending machines! - atomic1fire - 09-15-2015

I could see personalized vendors being fun.

you could have options for messages and vendor naming, like three randomly stated messages to catch peoples interest.

e.g "Drugovendor: "Psst, hey you wanna buy some weed?"

Cakeomatic: " Now with SFDA approved flavor!"

Commodore Tsao's Sea chicken: "Get your Fish burgers here with 'oriental' spices. Contents not approved by SFDA"

Re: Make your own vending machines! - Prospekt1559 - 09-19-2015

I can finally sell all my space drugs without having to meet up with the person and possible get killed.

RE: Make your own vending machines! - Noah Buttes - 06-03-2016

I would love to see customizable vending machines be implemented.

RE: Make your own vending machines! - Haprenti - 06-03-2016

Also need to be able to chose between several appearances for the machine to give an idea of what it could sell before checking, and give some diversity, if you intend to put several machines at once.