Goonstation Forums
Late-Joining traitor too late - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Bad threads / terrible or unusable ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Late-Joining traitor too late (/showthread.php?tid=5084)

Pages: 1 2

Late-Joining traitor too late - BlackPhoenix - 07-08-2015

Hi, if it's possible, it should be made to where you can't become a latejoin traitor after the shuttle arrival timer is below 5 minutes and beyond. At that point, you don't have time to do anything interesting, and it definitely won't be recalled so there's no harm in not being able to become a traitor. It'll lead to much less disappointment and sadness.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - medsal15 - 07-08-2015

Last traitor accepted is only when the shuttle is called.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - Grek - 07-08-2015

I feel like even that isn't going far enough. If you get latejoin with the shuttle called at all, you have 12 minutes max to get your traitor round in. That's not enough time to do anything fun. IMO, don't have latejoin traitors appear while the shuttle is called.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - Mageziya - 07-08-2015

This is something that I've thought has been a problem for a long time, I just haven't brought it up much because I don't think there's a clear solution.

The problems with antags not appearing at all during shuttle calls is that people can be meta-gamey twits and likely find ways to abuse it. However, like with any other system set up by the game, this would likely be resolved by punishing/removing those who abuse the system. Another problem is that shuttles can be called early in the round as knee-jerk reactions, and then will be promptly recalled. Those would block antags from arriving when there actually is plenty of time.

The best set of restrictions I can think of for "No Late-Join Antag" would be to prevent their spawn after the 30 or 40 minute mark and if the shuttle ETA has reached 5 minutes.

Finally, while it should go without saying, all of this should apply to ghosts being made blobs, because lets not forget the one time where I became a blob during the literal last second of the round.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - Noah Buttes - 07-08-2015

Perhaps late joining traitors should get a telecrystal boost to more easily accomplish their objectives?

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - VictorMAngoStein - 07-08-2015

Grek Wrote:I feel like even that isn't going far enough. If you get latejoin with the shuttle called at all, you have 12 minutes max to get your traitor round in. That's not enough time to do anything fun. IMO, don't have latejoin traitors appear while the shuttle is called.

If you get a latejoin with the shuttle called you should get a ton of crystals and a few special weapons to rampage through the escape arm with.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - Huff H Law - 07-08-2015

I fail to see how this is a problem, really. It's not like you're robbed of a future antagonist round if you get a late join traitor 5 minutes from the end.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - KikiMofo - 07-08-2015

Yeah all I see here is someone got angry that they late spawned as a traitor and didn't have time to do anything. It's not going to change getting traitor in next round, that's not how it works. Just enjoy the small time you get as a traitor, Buy a shotgun, get a saber, I dunno buy some pipebombs and suicide bomb the shuttle make some fun. You don't need much time with traitor items to cause chaos and fun.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - Ed Venture - 07-08-2015

I get how it's annoying but most of the time it won't stop you from quickly ordering a shotgun and sending the crew to centcom in a bloody shuttle. Sometimes in this game you are dealt with a unlucky situation and you got to deal with it.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - VictorMAngoStein - 07-08-2015

Hufflaw Wrote:I fail to see how this is a problem, really. It's not like you're robbed of a future antagonist round if you get a late join traitor 5 minutes from the end.
You're not?

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - UrsulaMejor - 07-08-2015

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Hufflaw Wrote:I fail to see how this is a problem, really. It's not like you're robbed of a future antagonist round if you get a late join traitor 5 minutes from the end.
You're not?
it's 100% random every round. there's no list or cooldown or anything.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - BlackPhoenix - 07-08-2015

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
You're not?
I didn't know this either, I thought the chances were decreased to prevent the hypothetical of somebody getting it like 4-5 times in a row. It's still fairly disappointing though, wouldn't really hurt to have it be impossible to get latejoin after the shuttle is definitely coming.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - Marquesas - 07-08-2015

This is so much of a non-problem I can't imagine investing time in it just to make something profoundly abusable.

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - KikiMofo - 07-08-2015

BlackPhoenix Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
You're not?
I didn't know this either, I thought the chances were decreased to prevent the hypothetical of somebody getting it like 4-5 times in a row. It's still fairly disappointing though, wouldn't really hurt to have it be impossible to get latejoin after the shuttle is definitely coming.
So what you are saying is just because you got the short end of the stick with a late join traitor you want to remove the chance for EVERYONE to get late round traitor?

Re: Late-Joining traitor too late - BlackPhoenix - 07-08-2015

KikiMofo Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I didn't know this either, I thought the chances were decreased to prevent the hypothetical of somebody getting it like 4-5 times in a row. It's still fairly disappointing though, wouldn't really hurt to have it be impossible to get latejoin after the shuttle is definitely coming.
So what you are saying is just because you got the short end of the stick with a late join traitor you want to remove the chance for EVERYONE to get late round traitor?
Actually, I wasn't the guy in question that made me think of this. It was that guy who became blob literally last second. If it'd be abuseable and easily so, I don't think it should happen, I guess I'm just not seeing how when the shuttle is 100% going to arrive, it'd be bad to stop latejoin traitors. I think latejoin traitor itself is awesome, I just brought this up because getting traitor within the last minute or two of the round where there's nothing you can do is disappointing and lame.